Chapter 5

My head was already spinning, how the hell did people make so many clothes?

Seriously, I had never discovered so many types in my life, then again I didn't go shopping much.

So far I was trying to understand the different clothes and what to wear them for, like sport clothes and long shirts and different types if shoes. Agh.

Why was life so complicated?

First off Kelli dragged me, literally, to the hair dressers, much against my will. "But I like my hair covering my face!" I protested.

"Well isn't that a shame." She replied steadily, causing me to pout and swear as we entered.

"Kristy, can you please cut my friends hair, style 82" Kelli said with a wink.

I gulped as this hairdresser, Kristy, who lunged at me and sat me down In a chair, already planning how she was going to ruin my luscious hair.

I gulped yet again, "Now now, no need to be scared darling. We will have you all trimmed up in no time at all." She smiled, getting the scissors.

"I'm fine. I don't want a haircut, really." I muttered, waving my hands up in protest.

"Oh nonsense. You'll have the ladies all over you in no time!" She yelled, I was about to retort that I was gay. Except... Well I didn't get the chance as she dipped my head in what felt like a bowl, causing me to shoot up.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Darling! You really don't know anything. I am about to wash your hair, in a sink. Now please stop moving or I'll shave you bald!" She scolded.

I lay back again, staring up at the ceiling and getting glances of Kristy and Kelli in the corner of my eye.

Surprisingly they looked so much alike, except Kristy had a light brown hair, straight (no doubt by a hair straightener), but they both had the same green eyes and flawless face. Well, Kristy was older by a few years. I'm not quite sure how many.

"Kelli, can you pass the comb?" Kristy asked her, holding out her hand.

Kelli nodded and grabbed it, placing it in Kirsty's perfectly manicured hand. Much like Kelli's.

"Do you two know each other because Kelli comes here a lot for Hair cuts?" I asked Kirsty as she combed my hair back, actually allowing me to see properly without the brown spots.

"Well yes and no. She is my sister, you see." Kirsty said simply, straightening my neck up after it was craned back.

I saw the shocked expression on my face as Kelli laughed. "Oh silly Dan-Dan. Didn't you know we were sisters?" Kelli teased.

"Well no. I just thought you looked alike!" I protested to their laughs.

There were no words spoken as the hair dryer dried up my hair, leaving it glossy and shiny, smooth and silky to the touch.

I couldn't help myself but to comb my hair with my fingers, which was quite funny.

"Nah-uh. Style 82 time!" Kristy cheered happily, getting the scissors and holding my head still.

I squinted my eyes shut, not wanting to open them until I felt Kelli's forceful fingers pry my eyelids away.

"Look." She demanded.

I did, and I didn't recognise myself.

"Wow... I don't look half-bad." I modestly said, to be honest that was an understatement. I didn't want to say I was hot, like Mark would, but. Well...

"Thank you! It's amazing!" I replied.

To my surprise Kelli handed over the money, "you're makeover is on me." She said, already grabbing my arm and pulling me up, "Now. Let's get you some new clothes." She replied, I pouted and asked, "What's wrong with the clothes I have?"

Annoyingly she didn't answer as she led me to the shopping centre.

After many hours of browsing and trying on clothes, which I found extremely awkward of the thought of getting naked behind a curtain only, what if someone were to barge in?

Thankfully that didn't happen.

Still, after all that time Kelli had bought me many pairs of dark blue and black skinny jeans, a black leather jacket, many of the most 'awesome' tops to show me off, along with a new pair of shoes.

Honestly even though I didn't want to admit it, I really did look like one of those cool kids at school.

"Kelli I can't thank you enough, this is amazing! What can I do as a favour?" I begged.

She thought for a second, "Go after Mark."

"But I don't like him!" I demanded hotly, making her roll her eyes.

"Well you will!"

"Might"

"Definitely."

"Not." I replied after our one-word conversation.

"Ugh fine! Rule: you're only allowed to wear those clothes to school. Nothing else. Or go naked." She said cheekily, causing me to flush at the idea.

"Oh Danny! Honestly. Bye, I have to go. Text you tonight!" She said, hugging me and heading off.

I turned in he opposite direction and started to head home by walking, needing the cool air to think.