Chapter 1- Coming Home

I was running through the woods trying to find the Salvatore Boarding House.

It's been seven years since I've been here.

As I was running, I was thinking about the reactions in will get from the Salvatore brothers, Damon and Stefan.

From Damon, I don't even know what I'm going to see. I mean we were in love and we were arranged to marry back in 1864.

Then my mother and father got accused of being vampires and got staked. My home town of Mystic Falls used to believe that vampires existed.

 Vampires did exist.

The Council was right.

But my parents were innocents.

At least my mother was.

 She was a witch, not a vampire.

My father actually was a vampire. But he didn't deserve to die either. He has never killed one human.

When their victim was half way drained, my father would stop and feed the human a little vampire blood to heal the blood loss and compel them to forget what happened to not reveal his true identity.

My parents had a good job back in the days.

I was the respected young lady of Mystic Falls. But that didn't stop the council.

 As soon as the compass pointed to my father, they staked him and assumed that my mother was a vampire as well.

The compass didn't point to me because I'm only half vampire and I've never fed human blood before to turn me into a vampire, so my life was spared.

 I was still in love with Damon and he still loved me back, but I was still in the shock of my parent's death.

 The Salvatores asked if I wanted to live with them, but I refused. I left town in 1865.

Other than for the times I've occasionally stayed at the Boarding House, I haven't seen Damon or Stefan since 2004.

Well Stefan, on the other hand, will probably be overjoyed.

He'd be thrilled that I'm finally settling down with them.

Stefan has always seen me as a little sister, so I know whatever his emotions will be, either angry or sad, I know he'll get over it fast.

After a few more miles of running, I saw the Boarding House.

I slowly walked up the front porch and knocked on the door, not bothering to ring the bell, and waited for what I had waiting ahead of me.

Stefan opened the door.

 He wasn't looking at me, so I used my vampire speed to run by above his head and hide behind the door.

Stefan shut the door.

"Hate dingdong ditchers!!" He finished his drink and was about to walk away when I decided to show myself.

"Boo," I whispered by his ear.

He spun around really quick and was about to attack, when he saw it was me.

"Oh my Goodness! Mira! Where have you been for the past..seven years?" he let out a laugh.

Stefan was beyond excited to see me!

"I've been here and there. I was at Ireland, Germany and Japan...oh and I learned some Japanese!! So where is Damon?"

"He's not here. He might be back at around 7 or 8.."

"Well, don't tell him I'm here I want to see his reaction when he sees me"

Stefan helped me take my stuff to my room.

Stefan and I used to be really close.

 I had seen him a few times in Chicago and at France.

He was filling me in on everything at Mystic Falls.

He told me that he had started school here as a junior a few days ago and a girl named Elena had convinced him of joining the football team.

When I heard the door open, I used my vampire speed and ran into Damon's room.

After a few minutes, he opened his door and walked in.

When he walked past me I decided to yell at him.

"Surprise!"

Damon turned around fast when he heard my voice.

 I saw a lot of expression flicker in his eyes. Love, happiness, anger...

"Mirabelle Love Maddox. Is that you I see after seven years?" He smirked at me and gave me a hug.

"Aw...Did someone miss me?" I asked knowing Damon would come up with some smart-ass comment.

"No, I thought you were gone for good."

"Well then...." I headed upstairs to my room.

"And... where do you think you're going?"

"If you must know Damon, I'm going to my room."

"GAH! Your staying with us? Great! Now I'll have to leave," Damon said with a sigh.

"Ok, bye Damon," I said knowing Damon is not going to leave.

"Really, so you're just going to kick me out of my house?"

"Yup. Pretty much."

"Wow, you really haven't changed," with that he came over and gave my a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "I've missed you so much."

"Damon, I was only gone for 7 years. And I was with you for like 3 years.. Aw..Does somebody still have a crush on me?"

"Keep dreaming. I know he only reason you came back was because of my sexiness."

"Damon, you are so up to yourself," I said, shaking my head sadly." Well, I'm gonna go to my room and set thing up and go to bed."

"Ok, Bye bye then, Mira."

I went up to my room. I'd always stay in this room when I come to visit the Salvatores.

The room was just as I left it in 2004.

The walls were sort of a mix between tan and ash.

My bed was pushed against the wall on the east side with a bedside table on the left and a fan on the right.

Next to the fan was my double-door closet.

By my closet was my door that leads to the stairs and Stefan's room.

Opposite to the door was my bathroom and by the bathroom was my dresser.

And next to the dresser and across from my bedside table was my window.

I'd put my stuff in my dresser and my closet.

 I was tired from all the running so I changed into my pajamas and went to bed early.

 I'm hoping to go explore my hometown of Mystic Falls tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!This is my first story ever so please read and tell me what you think!:)

P.S. I don't own any of the characters except for Mirabelle Salvatore and maybe a few more.. All of the other characters belong to L.J. Smith:)