he's not that bad

Two marshmallows flew in the air, indicating that Duncan and Courtney were safe

Two marshmallows flew in the air, indicating that Duncan and Courtney were safe. That's all that mattered to Courtney, anyway. Duncan was safe, and so was she. Deep down, she wasn't ready to say goodbye to him just yet, but she just wished he wasn't such an 'ogre' all the time, so she rolled her eyes when he caught his marshmallow. Courtney didn't want Duncan to get any ideas, yet.

As everyone else returned to their cabins, Courtney didn't move. She couldn't get her mind off of him. "But he's so immature. He's a criminal!" She said aloud, but Duncan tapped her shoulder.
"What was that, princess?" he questioned, as he was staring into Courtney's beautiful brown eyes. "N-nothing! Just go to bed!" she stammered, looking up at him. Duncan didn't reply, or move. He just stood there, frozen, looking into Courtney's eyes, which were filled with fear. She stood up, and slowly made her way toward him. Before they knew it, they were holding hands. Courtney constantly told herself she couldn't like this slob, there was no way! However, she did, deep down she really did. "Fine, if you insist. I'm going to bed. Goodnight, princess." Duncan smiled and gave her a hug, and Courtney hugged back. When they stopped hugging, Duncan gave her a kiss on the cheek, and smiled.
Maybe he isn't so bad.

updated 2/1/18
thanks so much for reading 💜