thantophobia

^^it fits with the phobia factor theme 🤷🏼‍♀️The campers couldn't believe how stupid they were

The campers couldn't believe how stupid they were. Of course Chris McLean would do that to them. They had accidentally told Chris their fears by having their weird bonding conversation last night, and he was going to use it against them in a challenge.
"Gwen. Me, you, the beach?"
She was getting buried alive.
"Have fun, weird goth girl!" Heather laughed hysterically, giving Gwen an evil glare and a friendly wave goodbye.

As the others were dealing with their worst fears, it was finally Duncan's turn. Courtney would've never guessed his worst fear, but he actually has the most obscure fear of all; Céline Dion music store standees!
Duncan's face was blank as he stared directly at the standee, as if his soul was just sold to the devil. Courtney's eyes widened, obviously worried about Duncan. It was only a standee, but she knew she should be comforting him. "It's okay if you can't do it," Courtney whispered into his ear, trying to comfort him. Duncan snapped back into reality, his gaze fell into Courtney's eyes. "I'm going to do it, for you," he replied, giving her a small smile.
After he hugged the standee dramatically, the Killer Bass scored a point. Duncan took a deep breath, then he turned and looked at Courtney, who encouraged him and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks, princess," he said. Blushing slightly, he kissed her cheek in return, and went to join the rest of the Killer Bass.
'He really is amazing,' Courtney thought.
Interrupting her thoughts, a terrible scream ripped through the camp. She wondered who it was, until she saw a terrified Heather running for her life. Courtney shook her head when she saw Heather trying to escape from a sumo wrestler, however, she scored the Gophers a point when she ducked and tripped the wrestler, without even realizing what she had done.

All the campers gathered by the cabins, listening to Chris.
"— and there's one more challenge left for the Killer Bass! Courtney!" Chris exclaimed, pointing directly at her.
"What! But I told you, I'm not afraid of anything!" Courtney shouted, confusion in her voice.
"Oh, don't worry, your reactions are enough information to tell me," Chris grinned.
Duncan held her hand, whispering to her,
"Hey, it's okay if you can't do it,"
There, in front of all of them, was a huge crate of green jelly.
Courtney looked as if all the life drained out of her body.
"Oh, shit."
updated 2/4/18
a lotta editing, but hope y'all like