Chapter 26

I DON'T OWN THE ARTWORK!

Eight months later:

Nick had a horrible head cold that made him snore. It was a monstrous snore, like a bear that had gone savage or something. It kept waking up poor Judy. Annoyed, she put her feet against his side, and pushed him out of bed. He rolled to the ground with a thud.

"Humph." He grunted. "Carrots, you're kicking in your sleep again."

"No, I'm not." She sighed. "I did that on purpose. Nick, you keep snoring, and I can't sleep. Go sleep on the couch or something."

"But, Fluff." He whined.

"Go on." She ordered.

Annoyed, Nick jerked his pillow off the bed, and grumbled as he walked out of the bedroom. "Kicking a fox out of bed. In sickness and in health, my butt."

He stumbled his way to the living room and flopped down on the couch. Judy closed her eyes, and drifted into a deep sleep. So deep, that she didn't notice that Kimberly had woken up. She stood up in her crib, threw her leg over the railing, and hopped out. She landed on the ground with a soft thud, and crawled out of the room.

It was dark, but unbeknownst to her parents, she had night vision like Nick, but it was only in her left eye. Her right eye had normal rabbit vision. She had super hearing, like Judy's, but only in her right ear. Even her sense of smell was superior to Judy's. Kimberly was in a league all of her own.

She crawled all the way to the living room. Nick was stretched out on the couch, tongue hanging out, snoring like a Grizzly Lumberjack. Tossing one leg up onto one of the couch cushions, she hopped on the other one until was able to get up on the couch. Once she was on it, she crawled onto Nick and laid on his chest. Even though his snores were loud, she was able to ignore them and go back to sleep.

The next morning:

Judy woke up and found the crib empty. She went to the boy's room, sometimes one of them would sneak into her room and take Kim back to their room. When she peaked in, they were still asleep, but their little sister wasn't with them. She started getting a little worried. She walked to the living room.

Kim was curled up on Nick's chest. It made Judy's heart swoon from the cuteness. She grabbed her phone off the kitchen table and took a picture. Then she tiptoed over to Nick and blew in his ear, something he absolutely hated.

His eyes shot open. "What the?" He growled.

Judy chuckled, "It's time to get up."

"Well, good morning to you too, Fluff." He yawned, stretching his limbs. His movement startled Kim, making her start crying. In turn, her crying startled him.

"Oh, Nick, you scared her." Judy chided him.

"Scared her?" He gasped. "She scared me."

"You didn't bring her in here?" Judy asked.

"No." He put his paw against her back and patted it. "There there, Lil Fluff." He cooed.

"She must've come in her on her own." Judy thought out loud.

She should've never done it, because Nick was fit to be tied as he realized she crawled out of her crib that was four feet from the ground. Well, the railing was, and his daughter was only a foot and a half tall.

He lost it, came unglued. "Oh my gosh!" He gasped. "She could've broken her leg or her neck!" He scooped her up, and started examining her. She just looked at her dad in confusion.