c2- flights

"I'm so happy 'cause today

I've found my friends, they're in my head. I'm so ugly, but that's okay, 'cause so are you "

I woke up to Nirvanas Lithium playing from my iPhone alarm.

Ugh, today was the day, moving day. I quickly glanced at my phone, it read 6 o'clock. We had to leave the house to catch our plane at 7:30.

I shot up out of bed quickly running over to the bathroom. Glancing at my horrifying reflection in the mirror. I brushed my teeth, and washed my face. Giving myself a cheesy smile in the mirror, making sure they were pearly white.

I walked back to my room and started to straighten my hair. Using my iPhone camera as the mirror. My actual mirror was packed away. I still wanted to straighten my hair though. It would make me look some what decent while traveling. It was going to be a long trip after all.

All through out me doing my hair text notifications kept popping up. From my friends, and even some from random people I hardly talk to.

They all said basically the same thing.

From Hannah🎀💕: will miss you Stella promise you will visit😘😩

From Chloe💗💭: thinking of you, miss you already

From Katie🍭💎: call me when you can, I never got to say goodbye

From Joey🏀✊: byeeeeee

From Kayla💀💜: I'm going to miss my queen

From Izzy💁👊: check your insta posting something about you leaving:(

From Zach👐: will miss yah girl

From Heather👾🎈: text me when you get to Germany👻

From Jackie the main❤️✌️: going to miss you so muchhhhh we are still going to talk every day though and we will defiantly visit each other k?!

From Brent💑: you'll always be in my heart

I replied with short texts back to all of them. Making sure my friends knew I would miss them too.

But it was the last one that made my heart stop, and my cheeks blush.

Brent.

He was my boyfriend and we had been dating for about a year now. Only we both decided it was probably best to end it. We would be living and two different country's. We thought it would just be too hard to stay close and still keep feelings for each other. when we wouldn't each other everyday. After all I was only fourteen. It wasn't like I was going to spend the rest of my life with Brent. But then again that didn't mean I don't still have feelings for him. We both still liked each other. I just told myself that I only needed him as a friend though.

I clicked on our conversation to send him something back. I already knew what I wanted to say but what emoji? A kissy face was just no, we aren't together anymore. A red heart would imply I was still interested. I mean don't get me wrong I still was, but tht wasant the kind of message I wanted to portray. And the two pink hearts were to flirty. I finally decided on a "you too Brent" text with a yellow heart next to a emoji smiley face. Good, just friends I thought.

Finally done replying and finished with my hair I sat back admiring my work. Combing my fingers through my long blonde hair, reaching down I my back.

A long sigh escaped my mouth as I relized it was time to finish getting ready. I decided to skip makeup for today. It would just smudge when I was sleeping on the plane anyways. I grabbed the pile of clothes on my floor that I had already put out for today, and got changed. A gray VS half zip and leggings. Even though it's summer I always wear leggings and a sweatshirt when traveling. Always.

I took one last glance around the room before packing up the rest of my things. Boxes everywhere. All labeled with different titles in sloppy sharpie. Stella's clothes, Stella's books. Stella's photos, Stella's shoes, and the list went on. I walked over to one of the boxes running my fingers over the edge. I was worried about my things, but I knew the movers would take good care of them and they would be there when we got to our new home.

For now I just grabbed my carry on bag and headed downstairs looking for my mom. She wasant downstairs yet so I decided to go on Instagram for a little while. I even saw the post Izzy was talking about.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. They didn't sound like the usual "click, clack" but rather I the creeking of the wood beneath. My mother wasant wearing heals today.

"Hi mom" I said, she looked back and smiled. "Ready to go sweetie?" She said, now at the bottom of the stairs. I nodded, turning off my phone and sliding it into the pocket of my sweatshirt.

We grabbed our things and walked outside side by side, but once we got to the end of the drive way I stopped walking and turned back, facing the house. Staring back at it, taking everything in. My bedroom window in the far left. The one I would always use to sneak out of at night. The peeling white paint. Our blue door I painted with mom. And the shady tree in the front we planted when I was little, now big enough to shade several people. I was going to miss this place. I would miss it so much. I looked back at the car, and said goodbye to my home the second I stepped into it.

My mom looked over at me, now starting the car. I wonder if she had her own trip down memory lane looking from the car window. But it didn't matter anyways.

We drove in silence, the only noise coming from the radio, currently playing she looks so perfect by 5SOS. Even though this is my favorite song I just couldn't get happy.

The car took a right turn, now in the Starbucks drive through. My mom placed her order and then I did. Ordering a caramel macchiato and

several chocolate croissants. We got our food and kept driving. I was finished with everything by the time we got to the airport.

The only thing I can remember thinking as I walked through the doors the the airport was, this was going to be a long flight.

-

Hope you guys like it😊

~ s