pastel ; basics

starting with Pastel aesthetics with the basics:
1). outfits/style
2). bedroom
3). photos

the main three for the starting point to becoming a master of your chosen aesthetic.

your style

the clothes make the person and that's very true when trying to convince people you are a soft and loving pastel beauty. pastel is real easy to get into because all you have to do is aim for a soft kinda cutesy friendly look.

big sweaters that are baby blue or a light pink. blue skinny jeans and flowery/cute clothes designs. here's some pictures for reference:

personally i think less is more so the outfits with a solid color like a white skirt and a pale yellow or baby blue top looks perfectly fine

personally i think less is more so the outfits with a solid color like a white skirt and a pale yellow or baby blue top looks perfectly fine. (most common color combinations are white/pink/blue but you can get creative and see what colors work for you) so if you want add more color go for it. this is all about you and what you like.

also note that it's mostly short brown hair or long colored (mostly pink) hair in these photos but that doesn't have to be the case all the time! even though that is very popular you can have long dark hair and cute bright colored clothes that doesn't effect the aesthetic so much as you do something cute or simple with it. i'll do something for hair in a later chapter.

also matching colors is a great way to do this. mint green shoes and shirt with a white skirt or blue jeans is a perfect outfit for almost any occasion. outfits for this aesthetic are very easy to pick out just ask yourself this:

does it look cute and comfy? are the colors soft/pale/pastel?

those two questions are basically this whole aesthetic. it's easy and straightforward. it's very likable and very friendly looking. the safest and most child freely aesthetic you can find. which isn't a bad thing especially when you're into that stuff. it's fine to enjoy.

bonus points if you have a mini book bag that looks like a teddy bear or something cute like that. overall this is a kinda childish style but a lot of people make it work.

bedroom

if you truly want people think you're aesthetic or to stay in the mind field of your chosen aesthetic then it's time for your room to get a makeover too.

it's understandable if you can't also make your room look like your style and not following through with this part in no way undoes your work to be aesthetic. some people can't change the style of their room and that's okay. just skip over to the last part photos if you have no control over your bedroom appearance

now with that out of the way. your bedroom is where you most likely sleep enjoy down time and hang out in by yourself or with friends. so usually people will have it match their personality. if you do that in some ways like posters or a bookshelf full of your favorite things is up to you.

with pastel you just need cutesy imagery soft colors and maybe some fairy lights for good taste. fairy lights are almost in every aesthetic room which does cause some people to not want be like everyone else and do something different but honestly who cares. if you like them then go buy some and enjoy the soft lighting at two am when you should be sleeping but instead you're doing whatever else. maybe even reading this mhmmm?

but its really up to you

anyways. posters of your favorite things in a cute and colorful style. toys - mostly plush. books with a solid light color with the tittle in small engraved gold print. anything and everything you like in a pretty, kinda childish, happy, colorful, soft, and cute style will do just fine.

even with the most basic of any aesthetic there's always a lot you can do with your room or in general

there's a smart tip that i did. make it white. my closest doors. desk. bookshelf. mirror and it's stand. drawers. all are white. because no matter what aesthetic i chose it will fit. it's popular to use in everything. it goes with pastel colors. it goes with dark colors. it matches everything. better than black does. only because white goes with happy bright and colorful aesthetics just as much as minimalistic grudge dark aesthetics. it creates good contrast and fits everything.

from there you add the colors from your aesthetic with toys books posters and anything else you can think of.

also don't forget or be scared of breaching out and leaving that comfort zone of your chosen aesthetic. be creative and add anything you like from other stuff that wouldn't normally fit and make it fit. which not only makes it all more unique but makes it more you. your personality will really show and add so much more to your aesthetic by incorporating your interests and style to it all.

you don't have to color inside the lines.

photos

just throwing this out here now pictures are hard but don't sweat over it. phones kinda suck and good cameras are costly so try get as good as you can with your own phone camera.

snapchat filters are good for selfies when you're feeling yourself. ones like the heart crown or animal themed ones or anything with a glitter affect works nicely.

stickers are good for this kind of aesthetic and using them is a bonus. if you a polaroid just is really big right now then put some stickers on your polaroid pictures and even camera is a nice touch if you're willing to do that kind of thing (putting them on your phone is good too. phone cases that fit your aesthetic are a big plus)

pick outfits you think you look good in. find a background and get good at taking pics of selfies. landscapes. and asking someone to take a picture of you. personally i stay out of my pictures for almost all of them but don't be shy like me. and if you are. just find cutesy pastel colorful flowery things to take pictures of. like candy stores or pink sunsets. or even those kawaii japanese (writing that hurt me?) themed hang outs if there's any by you.

have fun. be creative. and love yourself.