Hinata-sama

He was here.

In the corner.

I had gotten up to use the bathroom and I heard him. His giggling. I was so confused.

It came from nii-san's room.

Then there was a slick sound. Like a steak knife cutting into meat.

The giggling got louder.

I had realized what was happening, holding my hand over my mouth to stop any noises, letting them collect into my throat. I turned and ran. Thank Kami for my soft footsteps. I slid my door closed and dove under my covers as nii-san's door opened.

A footstep.

Dragging.

Another footstep.

He was dragging something with him. Something heavy.

Two more footsteps, coming closer to my room.

I held in a whimper and squeezed my eyes tight, but not closed. They gave the illusion of being closed in this darkness.

My door slowly slid open, light from behind outlining the bowlcut figure in my doorway. He held two very large things being dragged behind him. I froze, not moving an inch.

The figure paused before entering the room. He closed the door behind him and shuffled about, positioning the two objects onto chairs I had set against the wall. The big masses were large and looked...

Broken.

They leaked something even darker onto the ground, or maybe that was just my eyes playing tricks on me in the dark. They had not adjusted and I didn't dare use my Byakugan.

The intruder finished and moved his hand against the wall. I was confused. What was he doing?

He moved away, slipping into the even darker shadowed corner.

That's it.

He was writing.

He wrote something on the wall. But what? I still couldn't see.

I was terrified.

He was here. Just standing. Waiting.

What did he want?

My vision was starting to adjust. The first thing I could really make out were what the broken things in the chairs were.

Neji nii-san

and

my father

Hiashi.

Their bodies broken and sliced almost beyond recognition, blood everywhere. Their long beautiful hair cut in bloody clumps. Proud Hyuga eyes forever frozen in terror and looking straight at me.

I squeezed my eyes shut tight, bile rising in my throat, pushing a scream that threatened to rise.

Why? Why Neji and Father? Am I next? Neji, killed by his own teammate even.

Perhaps Lee had decided

to defeat

ALL of the Hyuga.

I could only be thankful in that moment that Hanabi was sleeping over at Moegi's.

I could try and run.

Rock Lee is the fastest man in Konoha. Especially after he killed his sensei. I could never out run him.

Where are the other Hyuga guards?

The smell hit me. Blood, blood everywhere. Its copper scent filling and my nose, seeping into my skin.

Dead.

All dead. I didn't even have to look and I knew.

The compound was filled with the dead.

I wanted to cry.

I was next.

He was going to kill me.

What was he waiting for? For me to wake up and see his sick, twisted 'masterpiece' of my family? Maybe if I just stayed asleep, or looked it, it'd buy time for someone to come save me. I couldn't take Lee, not on my own.

I opened my eyes just a crack again. He still stood there. Still and silent.

I'd just wait. Someone would come. Someone had to.

My eyes traveled over to the wall Lee had written on. He had written in blood I realize now.

Hyuga blood.

I could make out the words now. I wish I hadn't.

My blood ran cold.

Rock Lee moved.

The wall

read

I

know

you're

a

w

a

k

e

.

.

.