Chapter 5: Weird.

I couldn't get any sleep last night because I couldn't stop thinking about why he stormed out so quickly; what did I do. I also couldn't  figure out why he wouldn't leave my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about him. Anyway, today I decided when I see him on the train I am gonna see what's up, you know...if it really was just his Mom. I left for the subway and when I got there I couldn't see him, I wondered if he was trying to avoid me; he always takes the second train, but maybe he was just running late. I couldn't understand why it was bothering me so much and I could barely think about anything else without thinking of Noah two seconds later. It was lunch time at this point and I was going to approach him now except I couldn't find him. Now it was just desperately obvious he was avoiding me and I just couldn't understand why, but it was all about to end. Our next class is science and he HAS to work with me in that class. I walked in and tried to talk to him, but right before I could even get out a word the bell rang and Mr. F started to talk. Finally, it was time to work on the project and so we paired up with our partners. Noah then said, "Let's try to not get distracted today and get the project done and over with, so we both don't have to interact ever again." I looked at him in shock. I could not believe this was the man I was talking to last night. But sure enough we worked hard on the project and anytime I'd try to bring up something else he would have a short response and then start talking about the project. He was acting like such a jerk. He would cut me off and say rude things and honestly it really hurt. He told me we'd finish tomorrow because he had football practice tonight. It was all just so weird. It was weird how rude he was being. It was weird how he changed over night. It was weird how much it hurt. And it was weird I still craved his love with everything in me.