↠CHAPTER TEN↞

CHAPTER TEN: AUTOPHILE

There are people in this world who prefer solitude. But there is no one who can withstand it.

⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃

MOKA SAT IN FRONT OF THE FIRE, like her nightly routine, concentrating on how to trigger her magic powers. A magic circle would appear in front of her every five minutes and then disappear when she felt herself being drained of its power. Every once in a while, she would recite the same steps in her head a few times before continuing on releasing her magic power.

However, while she handled all these simple tasks, she was also looking for answers to match the clues of her dream that she very well had. 'In my dream, the other me transformed. But it was different from what I can remember.' contemplated Moka. 'Red eyes...pure white, flowing hair...purple wings and horns...' she thought, referring back to her dream.

Moka looked down at her hand to find herself quivering. Her arms wrapped themselves around herself, her bangs shielding her eyes. 'I don't get it... Why am I trembling?' pondered Moka in her head. As if fate itself heard her, a flashback of her other self flashed in her head. 'It has something to do with her...doesn't it?' She did not understand these feelings of fear she felt towards her dream self...but deep down, she realized it had something to do with the transformation that she had witnessed. In her emerald eyes, she felt terrified of her own shadow.

"I better get back to Mira's. I don't know how I'm going to explain to her if she found out about me sneaking out every single night." Moka gathered the pages and pulled the hood of her cloak over her head. She began her walk back to Mirajane's house in silence.

As she trudged through the forest, she received the prickly feeling that another presence was following her. Being the cautious one, Moka turned around and scanned through the separated trees. From where she stood, everything around her felt completely desolate and quiet. There was not a single bird, animal, or creature. It was scaring her. But since she spotted no one, she realized she had no reason for feeling fear.

 But since she spotted no one, she realized she had no reason for feeling fear