↠CHAPTER THIRTEEN↞

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: TRUST

Family isn't blood. It's the people who love you. The people who have your back.

⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃

SOLITARY WAS THE ONLY COMPANION she had requested in the moment of dead silence as she sat at one of the tables in the mini library. Her eyes were fixated on the pictures of the comic book she had found in the small library, attempting to block out the lively, yet disruptive ruckus that was taking place in the guild hall.

Moka had spent the rest of the day looking around for different books to read in the mini library. After what happened back in the guild hall just about two hours ago, Moka felt like it was impossible to head back out there without being peppered with multiple questions about her magic. To make matters worse, her guildmates were probably still chattering about it to no end. And since they probably would refuse to simply change the topic, Moka thought the only way she could avoid being questioned was to stay in hiding away from everyone else for a while, until it was time to head home.

A giggle made its way past her lips as she continued to observe the three adorable cats that were all clad in armor, carrying samurai swords. Growing up in the human world, Moka had always loved reading comic books along with manga itself. To be honest, she always preferred picture books over the ones that only had words on just about every page to the end of its book. Even though they explain every little detail that goes on in each chapter, it still didn't help her understand what was going on. It didn't matter where, how, what place it took in the book, it was still very difficult to imagine exactly what was happening within her mind. To her, picture books were easy enough for her to understand because she could see how whatever situation is occurring as she read along in the book.

Her smile widened as she turned to the next page to find one of the adorable felines battling out against one of their enemies. "This is so cute. Whoever comes up with this stuff, sure has huge a love for cats."

The young woman had finished the "Child of Light" book she had been reading day after day. There were most parts of the picture book she was not impressed with, however, overall, it was all worth reading for the ending coming out a rather happy one like she expected. Her favorite part of the story was mainly the final. What she mostly loved about the ending itself was that Aurora along with her loyal allies flew to the antagonist's castle and defeated her, putting an end to the evil queen's reign of terror once and for all. Afterward, with the help of all of her Lemurian friends, she traveled through the mirror to her world, arriving on the day of Easter Sunday and rescued all the people of the Duke's kingdom from a flood that was caused by a nearby dam bursting. Nonetheless, shewas able to lead the group back safe and sound through the mirror to Lemuria.

Just as she turned the next page, the sound of footsteps made its way to where she sat. "Aha! I knew I'd found you in here."

"Hmm?" she hummed, allowing her head to follow to where the voice came from. There stood Natsu along with his little blue friend who was perched on his shoulder. "Oh, hey. What's up?" Moka greeted casually as she gave a smile towards him.