↠CHAPTER TWELVE↞

CHAPTER TWELVE: ACCEPTANCE

Family isn't blood. It's the people who love you. The people who have your back.

⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃ ⁃

EMERALD PUPILS GAZED THROUGH THE FLAMES THEMSELVES, the scent of blazing, hard fibrous filling her nose as she sat silently at the campfire. Her bare legs were pulled to her chest, the heavy cloak masking almost part of her body to keep her warm. The pages sat next to her, unmoved and untouched.

Tonight, her goal of trying to learn magic started to fade. Her thoughts were focused on another thing other than learning the use of her magic.

'Tsukune...' pondered the name in her head. Ever since singing the lyrics of the song, she couldn't remove the man she once thought loved her from her mind. No matter how much it hurt, she couldn't forget him, despite him moving on to the inner side of Moka. 'Was everything you told me... a lie? It was never true?' No matter how many questions she asked Tsukune, he wasn't there to answer them for her. He resided in the other world, living happily ever after with the other Moka.

Just thinking about it only made her feel envious and bitter of her inner self getting to live her happy ending with her Tsukune. There was only one thing she wanted to ask fate itself...

'Where's my happy ending?'

From the beginning as a child, she always dreamt about falling in love with a prince who would see past her race as a vampire and then living happily ever after like every other princess in the fairy tale books she had read. However, by some cruel twist of fate, the entire universe refused to allow her to live a fruitful life, all because of her race as a vampire. In stories, myths, and films, vampires are always viewed as villainous and murderous, feared and hated by humankind everywhere. Of course, the vampires have mutual feelings towards humans, viewing them as an inferior and ignorant race. She knew from experience herself.

~Flashback~

Fits of laughter were heard all around her as she was helplessly on the grass, receiving kicks, punches, and hair-pulling.

"Vampire freak!"

"Bloodsucker!"

"Parasite!

"Leech!"

They all taunted.

She watched as the human children surrounded her, laughing and pointing fingers at her, while she lay there in humiliation. She could only lie there and let them make her suffer for what she was. There was nowhere to escape, nowhere for her to flee from her cage of torture. All of them stood closely around her, closing so many gaps that she couldn't escape her nightmare. She wanted to run home and forget about this whole mess that started, but she knew those who hated her wouldn't let her go so easily without a fight.