Chapter 4

I am exhausted and so damn sleepy. This ancient looking world is too much for a modern guy like me. Sitting before the entrance of the Sect , I glare at the GPS before me. It did show me the location of my dear hero, *cough* I mean the necromancer ,what was his name....Ah yeah, Caihong, but I still couldn't find him in this forest. Such a pity. I have been searching for a day now. Last night I had to sleep in the forest. It was a first for me but I was so tired that I slept like a log.

[Host , the deadline has approached. You need to return to the Sect .]

'Yeah yeah I got it.', I walk inside the Sect and find the ground full of chattering participants. Some were excited, some dejected and some bragging. I submit my loot and start relaxing. My relation with the system has become quite good after two days of non-stop yelling at each other. It was a fast 'getting to know each other' adventure, especially because we seem to be of opposite personalities.

Right now i am waiting for either the Caihong or the protagonist to make their entry. I couldn't find them in the forest. Hell, if we had not stumbled onto the sect's gate by mistake, I think we would have not made it out of the forest for months to come. After reaching the sect this morning, we stayed there till the evening since even if we wanted to go and search for our dear targets, we were afraid we would get lost.

'Immortal Peaks Sect', one of the largest sects in this world and the Alma mater of the protagonist, is divided into three halls : Spiritual hall, Silver hall and Sand hall. There is also a Star hall but it is mysterious and not well known. It doesn't take in disciples directly and very little was mentioned about it before the protagonist was admitted there. A disciple named Wang Ai was mentioned later. He was from the Star Hall and was described as formidable and a sadist. Hopefully he didn't cross paths with the protagonist and survived the plot.

The hall is designated according to one's spoils. This forest contains three types of beasts: top spiritual level, mid spiritual level and low spiritual level. A participant who hunted 2 or more top level beasts are admitted into the spiritual hall. Those who get 1 top level beast or atleast 6 mid level beasts are admitted into the silver hall. One with less than 6 but atleast 1 mid level beasts are admitted into sand hall. This is pretty much all . I am confident I will get into the silver hall *cough* well I did gain some good amount of loots * he he he*.

I look around and find a good spot near an osmanthus tree. It's shady and you can easily observe everyone from there so I decided to rest there for a while. Sitting down, I scan the crowd for any interesting person to stalk .... Wait I mean to observe. The students... Wait what I mean is the young cultivators are all bursting with excitement over nothing particularly. Blockheads.

[Host the protagonist is here.....]

I almost jump off my seat in excitement,"Where?"

[Ehh counter...]

Staring at the counter, I observe him for a minute. After a moment I sigh and sit down again.

[Host...]

"This goddamn protagonist is such a hypocrite...", Glaring at the protagonist, I continue to ramble on  ," The author mentioned how the protagonist wanting to keep a low profile decided to not to enter the spiritual hall . Look at him..."

[Host he won't be ...]

"But that's in no freaking way low profile. He submits a top level beast with about 12 mid level beasts. Where is his so called modest low profile? Freaking show off."

[Host are you jealous?]

If the system had a body, I would surely beat him up blue and black. He dares to say this to me after knowing how much I hate Wu Bi. After all last night we had a long...not so long since I fell asleep in between, talk and I clearly explained to him various reasons why I love to see the protagonist licking the dust.

[Host please don't get angry. This system has no emotions so maybe spoke stupidly.]

I close my eyes. My face black in annoyance. This bastard. First he peaks my curiosity and then asks me not to pay attention. Such a attention seeking Diva.

~~~~~~~~~~~(=^.^=)~~~~~~~~~~~~