The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Honestly it’s really hard to write a book that you feel neutral about. For me, it’s much easier to write about something that you hate and love because you can say more things about it. But, since I’m on the roll today so YOLO

Reminder, If you want a fast paced book, WELL THIS IS NOT THE BOOK FOR YOU  If you want a happy ending  I cried in the ending of this book. So with that, I gave you The Book Thief.

In the beginning of the book, I already predicted that it might take a long time for me to finish this book because I’m never a fan of historical shits and this book is full of that. The only thing that kept me reading this book is I find the narrator catchy and different.

The Book Thief is the first book that I had encounter that the narrator is <b>DEATH</b>. It’s nice to see a story in the perspective of a non living creature (if that’s what they call death). I like the perspective of death, specially in times of war he/it/or whatever to refer to is really busy collecting lives. However, one thing that bothered  me is why did death picked Liesel, although they gave a reason, I still think it needs to be justified. In my opinion, there are other people around Leisel who’s life is more interesting.

Also, I don’t understand there are other things that are notable with Liesel but she is describe as The Book Thief although most of her books is given and bought by his ‘so called’ father.

The only thing that I really loved about The Book Thief is the moral of the story. Hitler is claim to be smart with words that’s why he is able to took over a country. I think it’s really smart for the author to think that way because I myself think that words is a very powerful weapon that can take you into places.

Although it’s genre is teen fiction, I think the author made it for mature thinking audience so the book is more for high thinking teens.

Ratings: 3/5