16

I wake to my phone vibrating on the night stand. Pulling it towards me I look at it and see a message from Nico.

Nico: I'm outside right now. Can you let me in, please?

Me: Be right down.

I walk over to the mirror in my room and see my hair is sticking up all over the place. I grab the brush from the table and quickly run it through my hair.

I don't want Nico to see me with bedhead.

Looking at my boxers and singlet I sigh before making my way down the stairs.

As soon as my foot touches the last stair. I hear someone clear their throat behind. "Sneaking off are we?" Turning towards my brother I see him folding his arms across his chest.

I shake my head. "No, Nico is outside and he asked me to open the door for him."

He walks down the stairs after me. "Nico, has his own keys for the house. He usually just waltzes in whenever he feels like it."

"Not today. It seems as if he wants me to answer the door." I walk over to the door and open it.

Nico is standing next to the car. He looks at me. "I would have expected you to dress up for me, but seeing you in your pajamas is such a..."

Alex looks at his best friend and says. "Don't finish that sentence. I don't want to know what you think of my sister. Why didn't you just come in like you usually do?"

A smile spreads across his face. "I couldn't miss the opportunity of seeing your sister dressed like that. If I had walked in she would have changed into something else."

I walk over to him and whisper. "You'll see me in something similar tomorrow. After all we're staying in the same suite at the hotel." I pull away from him and walk over to my brother. "When's breakfast ready? I need to get changed and bring my suitcases down."

"It will be ready on half an hour." Alex replies. "Nico and I will bring your stuff down while you have a shower."

"Thanks, bro, Nico." I walk to the door and then upstairs to my bedroom. Before walking into the en-suite I grab a towel from the cupboard before entering the bathroom. I lock the door before stripping out of my clothes.

Turning the shower on I step inside once the temperature is to my satisfaction. Leaning my head back I let the water run over my head and down my body for a couple of seconds before stepping out. I grab a small handful of shampoo before massaging it into my hair. Stepping under the shower head again I wash my hair.

After I condition and wash my body I step out of the shower and grab a towel. I wrap one around my body and wrap the other around my hair. I step out of bathroom and walk into my room.

Sitting on my bed is Nico and I scream. I grab my pillow and start hitting him. "Get out of my room, Nico."

He shakes his head. "No, we need to talk before we leave the house." Pointing at the flight attendant uniform on my bed he says. "You need to put that on. I'm going to the spare room to put my pilot uniform on before we leave. When we get to the airport I need you to stay close by as we make our way to the plane. The airport is confusing and I don't want to leave you behind."

"Yes, Sir." I salute and he laughs. It's a deep laugh that makes me smile. "What do you need me to report to you after we've travelled to New York?"

"I need you to tell me what the flight attendants are doing. Right and wrong. That way we can improve the services to the clients. This is something you've done before, but do I have to remind you to be nice to the clients?"

I shake my head. "I know what I'm doing, Nico. I don't need to be reminded by you." Pointing at the door I say. "Out,"

"Yes, Madame." He stands up and walks out of my room. Closing the door behind him.

Looking at the blue flight attendant I sigh. "I never wanted to wear another uniform like this. If I'm going to work closely with Nico I'm going to have to get used to wearing it." I walk over to the closet and pull out a matching pair of black underwear. I quickly change into the clothes and walk out of my room.

When I enter the kitchen I see Mom sitting at the table with Alex and Nico.

She looks up from the cup in her hands. "I didn't know you were a flight attendant."

I grab a cup of coffee and a croissant. Putting margarine and jam on it I walk back to the table. "I used to be a flight attendant, but I'm going away on business with Nico and he's the pilot on the plane that we're going to use."

Mom turns her attention to Nico. "Please, take care of my daughter when you fly. I want her to make it to New York in one piece." She looks at me. "Call me when you land."

She's only doing this to make Nico see that she's a good Mom when it comes to me, but I hope he's seeing through her crap.

After talking a bit longer Nico turns to me and says. "Are you ready?"

"Yes," I grab my bag off the side of my chair and follow Nico out of the house. Before I get into the car I see Alex standing by the steps. Placing my purse in the car I walk over to him. "I'm going to miss you, big bro."

A smile spreads across his face. "Me, too. When you get back Mom and Dad should have left. They only came here because they're going to San Francisco for a function."

Looking behind Alex I see Dad standing at the door. "Dad?"

He steps out of the house and walks over to me. "Bella, I'm sorry that we won't be here when you get back, but I want you to know how proud I am of you. You're mother isn't the easiest person to be around, but she loves you. She just doesn't want to show it. Her mother taught her that love shows weakness and she's anything, but that."

I smile at him. "I know." I hug him. "It was nice to see you again, Dad. I hope that you can visit more."

"I will. Now, that I know you're home." He lets me go and I walk over to car.

Climbing inside I look at Nico and say. "I'm ready to go." I close the door and put my seatbelt on.

The car starts and it drives away from the house. I look back at my brother and father and see them waving at the car.

Nico places a folder on my lap. "This is for you, Belle. It's got everything you need to know about what I'm expecting if my employees."

I open the folder and look over everything.