8

The following morning I am woken by Alex walking into my room and telling me to hurry up and get dressed for work. He told me that I could grab something to go from the kitchen before we leave and that's it.

I climb out of bed and put on a black skirt that reaches my knees. A white button up shirt and a pair of black matching underwear. I throw my hair up into a ponytail and then lightly apply some make-up. I slip on a pair of black ballet flats before grabbing my handbag and making my way down to the kitchen where I hear George talking to Alex.

 I slip on a pair of black ballet flats before grabbing my handbag and making my way down to the kitchen where I hear George talking to Alex

George has a bag sitting on the table. He looks at me as I enter the room. "Good morning, Miss Mason. I made you some breakfast bars, but your brother insists that you take them with you. I also made you a chocolate shake to go with breakfast."

I smile at him and takes the stuff from the table. "Thanks, George. Can you make something for me for lunch tomorrow? I don't like ordering take-out all the time."

"Yes, Miss. I can do that. Is there anything specific that you'd like?"

"Anything is fine." I follow Alex to the garage and climb into his car, he pulls out of the garage and drives down his driveway.

The gate opens and then Alex pulls onto the road and drives towards Hudson Airways office which is located in Los Angeles business distract.

***

Alex pulls his black BMW into the parking garage of Hudson Airways and he drives towards the entrance of the building. He pulls into a parking spot next to a Black SUV that's parked next to it. "Do you like my parking spot?"

I look straight ahead and see a gold plaque with Alex Mason on it, underneath that it says Partner of Hudson Airways and next to that is a vacant spot and I point to it. "Who's spot id that?"

"Yours," he tells me. "Nico's giving you a company car. It's getting serviced right now and it will be here when you finish your shift. Now, let's get out of the car and see the Boss." He steps out of the car and waits for me to join him.

I grab my handbag and put it on my shoulder. Stepping out of the car I walk over to my brother and he leads the way into the building.

On the walls are pictures of Alex, Nico and an older guy is standing beside them. He looks like Nico.

Alex looks at it. "That's Nico's father, Bryan. He tends to drop by when he gets bored at home. He tells us that retirement is boring for him and he wishes that he had something else to do other than staying at home doing nothing."

A deep voice says. "That's true, son."

Alex turns around and a smile spreads across his face. "Hey, Mr Hudson. I didn't know you were there."

He laughs. "Of course you didn't." He looks at me. "You must be Alex's sister. The one that's been working closely with CEO's all over the world."

A smile spreads across my face. "Hello, Mr Hudson. I'm Arabella, but I prefer to be called Belle." I extend my hand to him and he shakes it. "It's a pleasure to meet you, miss Mason. I hope my son won't go too hard on you."

Alex presses the button for the lift and we wait for it. "Sir, does Nico know you're visiting him today?"

"No," he looks at me. "I need to talk to my son before he meets you, Belle. Alex can show you to your desk when we get to the top floor."

"Okay," the door to the lift open and we step inside. The entire time going up I listen to Alex as talks with Mr Hudson. The door opens and we step out.

Alex looks at me. "You have your own office which connects to Nico's. He thinks that things aren't going to go well for you with those two." He points to the woman sitting next to each other at the main desk. "The blonde was Nico's temp, but now she's your assistant. Whatever you can't complete during the day, she can do it for you. The girl with black hair and dark make-up is my secretary Sarah."

The girls look at me as I walk by them with my brother. I hear Alex's assistant say. "She's the one taking your job."

The blonde says. "She can have it. I won't be here for long anyway. I applied for another job that's full time and now all I need to do is wait for a reference from Nico. Then I can move on with my career."

"I'll be right back." Alex walks over to the girls and he says something to them.

Nico's door opens and he walks out of the room with his father. He looks at me. "Arabella?"

"Yes, that's me." I walk over to him. "It's nice to meet you, Mr Hudson."

"Please call me, Nico. Mr Hudson is reserved for my father and I'm not him." Mr Hudson slaps him on the back of the head. "Be polite to the girl. She's going to be around for a long time, son." He hugs me. "I'll see you soon, Belle."

I pull out of the hug. "See you later, Mr Hudson." I feel Nico's breath at the back of my neck. "Dad, wants me to be kind to you. I won't be going easy on you when it comes to stuff regarding my company. You will be travelling with me from time to time as well. On your table I have left you some stuff that I need typed up right away and set up in the conference room by one. Can you also order some cakes and coffee for the meeting? There's also a list of drinks that the board members like. I need you to impress them with your professionalism."

"Yes, Nico."

A smile spreads across his face. "For a moment I was afraid you'd say 'Yes, Sir.' I'm glad that you've stopped that."

I step away from him. "When we're one on one like this I will call you by your name, but if with a group of people in a conference room you'll be known as, Sir. Now, if you don't mind I have work that needs to be done. I don't want my boss to fire me on my first shift." Walking to my office I shut the door behind me before walking over to the desk and looking at the pile of work that Nico needs done.

Why couldn't he let the temp deal with this?

As I go through the documents I realise that its stuff that Nico and Alex wouldn't want anyone else to know about. It's got contact information of employers in the work place and the emergency contact numbers. The KPI's of the company and how Hudson Airways is competing against other companies in the air.

I find a folder sitting on the keyboard of the computer and there's a label across saying 'Meeting Shit." I start laughing at the name.

The door to my office opens and Alex walks into the room. He takes a seat across from me. "What are you laughing at, Belle?"

I show him the folder. "Does he really name the meeting stuff this?"

"Yeah," he looks away from me. "You should have seen what he named a bunch of things when his old secretary was here. I think that's why she left. She wasn't impressed with the labels."

"If I labelled all the folders for the meeting with that, do you think he'll go crazy?"

Alex shakes his head. "I don't think he'd be impressed, sis. So, I wouldn't do that if I were you." He stands up. "I'll see you after your shift, sis. I don't want to piss Nico off by being in here with you." He walks out of my office. The door closes behind him and I start typing up everything that's needed for the meeting.

 The door closes behind him and I start typing up everything that's needed for the meeting