Chapter Sixteen

*7am Friday September 15th*

My alarm beeps telling me it's time to get up. Today it's not so hard to motivate myself out of bed. It's Friday and I get to watch Cole play some football tonight. I look out my window and see that it's cloudy out. I hope it doesn't start raining. I get out of bed and go take a quick shower before getting dressed. Then I go wake up Carmen for school before walking downstairs and eating some breakfast. When I reach the kitchen I see my mom making french toast. "Morning sweetie," she says.

"Morning mom," I say and rest my head on her shoulder.

"So, do you want to do some shopping this weekend? Carmen needs some new shoes and you need a homecoming dress," says mom.

"Yeah, that sounds fun," I say.

"Great, it's a date. I miss spending time with my girls," says mom and she kisses my temple. I eat french toast with her and Carmen when she joins us. Once we have both stuffed ourselves. Mom drives us both to school. 

"Have a good day Carmen," says mom and she hugs her daughter. 

"Bye mom, bye Charlie," says Carmen and she hops out of the car. I get into the front seat and my mom starts driving to the high school. When we get there, I unbuckle by seat belt and grab my backpack.

"See you after school. Are you going to watch Cole tonight?" asks mom.

"Yep, is that okay?" I ask.

"Of course it is," she says and she squeezes my hand and I get out. I walk inside and go to my locker. I see Cole standing there waiting for me and I smile. 

"Hi there handsome," I say and he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me.

"Hey you two, none of that," says Mr. Ryder and I take a few steps away from Cole. Mr. Ryder chuckles and walks away. I blush and look down at the floor.

"It's fine Charlie," says Cole and he moves so I can get to my locker. I do my combination and open it. I grab my things for my first two classes and Cole walks me to College Government. 

"See you next period," I say and he winks at me before walking down to hall. I take my seat near the back of the room and wait for class to begin. In the mean time I start my research for the Bill of Rights project. Soon the bell rings and we all get our poster board for our projects and then are sent off to do our research and work. 

*12:50pm*

I drop my backpack off at my locker and then walk to the lunch room. I get a bowl of soup and a sandwich then look around for Cole and Baylor. Baylor is just walking in and Cole isn't here yet either. I find an empty table and sit down. I wish I had a book with me so I didn't look so awkward and sad. I bite into my sandwich after dipping it into the broth and chew. Suddenly I feel someone kiss the top of my head and I yelp. "Easy Charlie, it's just me," says Cole as he sits down next to me.

"Sorry, I was day dreaming I guess," I say and he smiles.

"Here you are. For the game tonight," says Cole and he hands me his jersey. 

"Thanks Cole," I say and set it on the table next to my tray. 

"Hey love birds. How's it going?" asks Baylor as he sits down next to me. 

"It's going great," says Cole and he wraps his arm around my shoulders and stuffs a handful of chips into his mouth.

"Cute," says Baylor and I laugh. We eat our lunch and then go dump our trays before heading to our next class. We say goodbye to Baylor as he walks the opposite direction. We stop at Cole's locker first and then go to mine.