Chapter Nineteen

*Jaya Flashback*

The day had started normal. Aeryn picked Jet and me up, we got breakfast, then went to school. The day followed a usual routine, until we got to our last hour, psychology. Today, we're presenting our case studies, and, as soon as the bell rang, we started. Eventually, Ms. Dall called Warren Ole up to the front of the room.

Warren oozes overconfidence, but no one blames him for it. He is the superintendents son, popular, rich, and, unfortunately, not unattractive. The good looking ones were always jerks.

He walked to the front of the room, and stated his case. I frowned once he said it was about a mother abandoning her children. That was the same case Aeryn used. I looked to my left and saw that Aer, too, was frowning. I faced the front, again, listening to the speech. Warren finished his speech a few minutes before the bell rung, and by then, it was obvious. He had copied Aeryn's speech. Jet and I, being Aeryn's best friends, had listened to her recited it, and the words Warren had spoken were all too familiar.

While everyone was packing up, I spoke to Aeryn, "you need to tell Ms. Dall."

Jet, who hadn't paid attention at all during class, asked, "why?"

Rolling my eyes, I continued, "if you don't, she'll just assume you copied him."

Aeryn nodded, and nervously walked up to Ms. Dall and, after a minute, returned with a sad look.

"She said there's no way Warren would do such a thing, being the superintendent's son. She said he is a good kid, who has never cheated," Aeryn explained the conversation she had, her voice soft.

Jet scoffed. "Bologna. I am almost certain that demon man child has plenty of marks on his record."

"Yeah," I said, sighing, "but even if he does, the teachers don't know about it. They just know he is the superintendent's son. What do you plan to do?" I asked, turning to Aeryn, right as the bell rang.

"I just won't present. I'll have to take the F," she whispered, leading us out of the classroom.

"No way," Jet said, knowing Aeryn had worked to hard in school to fail something she actually did. Suddenly, Jet smirked.

"What?" I questioned, nervously.

"She won't have to take the F," she replied, and, once she took in our confused looks, continued, "I have a plan. The superintendent is scheduled for a bunch of meetings today."

"Why do you know that?" I asked.

"You know how I got detention for calling Mr. Fafus fat face?" Aer and I nodded. "Well, as I was waiting for my sentence, I kind of saw Mr. Ole's schedule."

What does it matter?" Questioned Aeryn.

"Glad you asked," Jet smirked. "We are going to sneak into his office, hack his computer, and get Warren's records. If he has ever done anything wrong, it'll be on them."

"I don't know," I drew out, as Aeryn shook her head.

"Come one guys! Jaya," Jet exclaimed, pointing at me, "you can keep guard, and distract anyone who tries to come on, and Aeryn," she turned to Aer, "can help me with the computer."

"Fine," I gave in, knowing there was no way to change Jet's mind.

"Are you serious?!" Aeryn threw up her hands. Jet and I gave her a pointed look that said, really? You know it's going to happen, whether you like it or not, and eventually she gave in. "Fine. But if we get caught, I'm saying I was kidnapped."
~~~~~~