Chapter Fifteen

Before I get to the chapter, I'd like to wish a happy birthday to a wonderful friend. (You know who you are) I'm extremely thankful that I know you, and that you are a part of my life. You're one of the nicest, most genuine people I've had the pleasure of knowing, and you deserve more than all the happiness in the world. So, happy birthday.

On a less important note, I'd like to apologize for this chapter. I've been suffering from a HWB (huge writers block) and I also have trouble with writing any form of romance. Speaking of the romance, you won't even be able to recognize it, but it is there, and it took me forever to write. (So I'm sorry for the quality of this chapter)

End of note

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So," Knox spoke, making me jump, "it's just you and me?"

I glanced up at him from my seated position and nodded. Without a word, he sat down in the chair across from mine and studied me. I met his silver eyes and felt minuscule under his intense gaze. Once I couldn't take it anymore, I looked down and asked the table, "how are you getting along with Nikolas and Leif?"

He chuckled. "Fine, I think. They are a bit scared of you, but it's understandable. From what I hear, you're intimidating."

I forgot all about my being embarrassed and looked at him. "From what you hear? Who says that?"

He ran a hand through his black hair. "I'm not sure. Maybe the guys? Maybe everyone you've ever sent a death glare?"

I'll send him a death glare, I though, and did as such. "If I'm 'scary', why aren't you cowering in fear?"

"Jet," he shook his head with a slight smile playing at his lips, "is this really what you want to talk about?"

"I don't know, Mr. Faur," I joked, forgetting my annoyance due to his adorableness, "what would you want to talk about?"

He leaned back and smiled."Something important, something interesting," he ran a hand through his black hair, and decided, "lets talk about you."

"That was a big build up. You sounded like Nikolas," I said, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"Well," Knox said, once he stopped laughing, "he gave me the idea."

"You planned that?" I asked, bewildered.

"Yeah," he stood up, came over to me, and tapped my nose with each word, "just. For. You."

I chucked, and joined him standing. "I wish I could stay and chat more, but," I checked my watch, partially hoping for it to say what I wanted, yet also not, "8:30 is when I usually go to bed, and it's 9:00."

"Wow," he feigned shock, "you are a total rebel."

"I know," I smiled and shook my head. "See you tomorrow?"

He took my hand for what I assumed to be a shake, but instead kissed it. "Good night, Jet." As I started to turn in an attempt to hide a rare blush, he must've remembered something, because I felt a familiar hand on my arm. Before I could ask what, he whispered in my ear, "that was also planned."

As he left me to watch his departure, I thought, that was cheesy, and abnormal... but I didn't fully mind it. I shook my thoughts out of my head, and started towards my room with a smile on my face.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~Unknown person and location (again)~

The man basically ran to the room he hand left without a word less than two days ago. Once he reached to door, he paused. He smoothed his suit down, attempting to pull together his professional demeanor, and ran a hand across his face, smothering the victorious grin that had made a home there. Once he felt ready, he opened the door, and headed into the room. All ten heads shot in his direction, but he was anything but intimidated.

"Well?" Spoke the lady who had asked most of the questions last time, "why Are you here?"

The man couldn't help the slight smirk that appeared. "I just came here to give you an update on the 30. The first five trials were a complete success, and no one has died."

"Wonderful," said a man with extreme wrinkles in the front, "is that supposed to change our opinion?"

"No," the man shook his head, "but I can't deny I hoped it may. Soon, you all will realize what is to come, and how great it actually is."

The man turned to the door, and heard a voice right as his hand landed on the knob. "Wait."
The woman almost whispered, "at least answer us this. How are they to find out about the sixth trial? It's not the same style as the last one."

"That's true," the man nodded, "but it still will start with precognition." With that, he left the room without giving anyone else time to speak. Soon, the man thought, they will realize how much this is going to help Prosperity.