-Messed Up- Ch. #12

Comment your favorite scene in Behind The Scenes and in this chapter to get a shoutout 😊

Hannah's POV

"Why don't you just go to the party tonight? I promise you, you'll have fun," I put my hand on Lele's shoulder.

"Yeah," Inanna agrees, then smirks. "There's gonna be whiskey. The expensive stuff, by the way."

"I don't know," Lele sighs, staring at her coffee cup. "It just... wouldn't feel right."

Me and Inanna tilt our heads, basically telling her that she has no choice.

"Why?" She groans.

"Because." I say. "Someone needs to get you out of the house."

"But you already made me go out for coffee."

"And you will continue to do that until you like it," I smile.

Inanna smirks as Lele sighs in defeat.

"Fine, but don't you dare get me drunk," She says, barely letting out a laugh.

Lele doesn't laugh much, almost never. She's still processing, but she has been for a while now. It's perfectly normal for her to take time, but this is taking too fricken long.

Lele's POV

I never imagined how hard things would be.

Every time I let out even the slightest little giggle, smile, or joke, the pit in my stomach overflows with guilt.

Here I am, laughing... while my boyfriend may very well be dead.

Messed up.

Hannah's POV

Lele quickly drank her coffee, then threw away the cup before coming back to our table. She looks around, at the waitresses, at the customers, even at the doors, oddly enough. She does this all the time.

She keeps trying to take her mind off... things.

But everyone knows that won't work. She won't be able to forget unless Stefan Salvatore compels her or something.

(Vampire Diaries reference)

No, wait. Damon Salvatore.

"When is this party anyways?" Lele replies grumpily.

"Starts at 12:30 PM, Grumpy Gus," I reply with a mock imitation of her attitude.

She smiles to put on a cover, but me and Inanna are her best friends. We can see right through it.

"Come on," I say, while Inanna grabs Lele's hand.

"Wha-"

"You think we're gonna let you go to a party without shopping first?" Inanna laughs. "You wish."

After a long drive to the mall, me and Inanna push a reluctant Lele out of the car. We both know she doesn't want to go to the mall, and she's doing it for us, but we're doing it for her too. She needs to get out of bed in the morning.

Without us, she'd still be curled up under the covers, drowning in her sadness.

And you know what? I'm gonna make her the most amazing, beautiful girl at the party.

What? She needs to have fun. She would've worn a hoodie and sweatpants if she wasn't here right now.

The first and only place we need to go to is Forever 21. They have cheap (most of the time) prices for awesome clothes.