Chapter 9

(Third Person POV)
"Lumine." Kody asked Lumine quietly as he caresses Lumine's face smoothly.

"Yes?" Lumine answers quietly, almost inaudible if it was not for the empty surroundings.

The room seemed to be abandoned, it was not very small. A quaint homey place with one wall being almost entirely made of clean clear glass. The sunsetting made the whole scene more romantic, and the pause between speech made it silent enough to hear they're beating heartbeats.

"I know it might be too early to ask this question, but before someone else sweeps you off you're feet... make me a promise." Kody blushed while he looked directly into the mismatched eyes of his beloved.

"What's the promise?" Lumine asked, entranced by the beautiful atmosphere. His mind still wondered what the meaning of Kody's words were.

"Lumine," Kody continued, getting down on one knee and asking the simple yet meaningful phrase.

"Will you be my husband?" Is what Kody wanted to say so badly, but didn't because he's a coward and it's too early for that.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" Kody grabbed Lumine's hands and held them firmly.

"Of course!" Lumine squealed enthusiastically, as Kody stood up and brought them into a hug.

They hugged for about five minutes before heading back to Kody's room.

"Too young." Lumine said when they got to his room.

"What are you talking about?" Kody for once didn't know about what Lumine meant.

"You're the one with the dirty mind, dummy." Lumine laughed, and Kody realized what he meant.

"I would never suggest we. Ya know..We'll maybe one day?" Kody blushed while making motions with his hands.

"P-perve.." Lumine whispered.

"Who's the perve now? You're the one who thought of it." Kody had a smug face, smirking to himself. Fairly proud that he had made Lumine blush so hard.

"So what do you wanna do, my boyfriend?" Kody finally spoke after the embarrassing comment he made.

"Uhm. We s-should..hmm. Bake! We should bake cookies!" Lumine thought of and expressed his idea.

"Good idea!" Kody agreed.

"Not chocolate chip though." Lumine stated.

"Why not?" Kody was confused with Lumines reasoning.

"I can't have chocolate...Werewolf.." Lumine pointed to his ears, spining around to show his tail.

"Forgot Sorry, babe." Kody said, aware of the words that came out of his mouth.

"U-Uhm it's f-fine..." Lumine blushed at Kody, directing his vision and having a slight voice crack.

"You're so adorable, now let's go bake some sugar cookies!" Kody grabbed Lumine's hand and brought him to the kitchen.

"I'll look for the mix, I know we have some somewhere." Lumine determinably said, as he walked towards the cabinets and went on his tippy toes to reach the higher things.

"Lumine, there's no way your reaching that." Kody laughed, watching Lumine struggle with opening the higher cabinets.

"I can do it!" Lumine said slightly angry with his small height.

"Let me help." Kody walked over calmly.

"No!" Lumine insisted, still trying to reach the higher item.

"Lumine, let me-"

"No! Kody, you give me so much and I still don't have anything to offer or give back in return. I can't even get things off shelf.." Lumine became slightly teary eyed.

"You have plenty to offer me Lumine." Kody grabbed Lumine and told him directly.

"Like what?!" Lumine was completely serious, and seemed very bothered by this subject.

"All I need is your love. That's all I want." Kody kissed Lumines forehead and Lumine calmed down.

"I love you..." Lumine blushed and hugged Kody.

"I love you too, now can I get the mix myself." Kody asked Lumine by looking down.

"Fine." Lumine finally gave in as Kody grabbed the good smelling dessert.

"So we need {insert cookie ingredients here} and milk." Kody explained, reading the list of ingredients off the small box.

"Got it!" Lumine smiled as he got the first ingredient and continued to collect the rest.

They mixed the things into one to get a nice and thick mix. Both continued onwards threw the steps, shaping, and then placing them in the oven.

"Nice work, cupcake." Kody came up with yet another nickname that Lumine blushes at.

"C-Cupcake?" Lumine interrogated Kody as if he didn't understand his language.

"Yeah..You're cute like one, you smell like frosting or sugar, and I bet you taste like one." Kody bites Lumines ear, Lumine squeals in response to the sudden words and emotion.

"What do we do in the meantime?" Lumine brushes Kody's movements to the side, as he looks over to the baking treats.

"Wanna watch some Netflix? Ya know, Netflix and Chill?" Kody blushed slightly at his suggestive idea.

"Eat soap, and yeah Netflix sounds good. Just Netflix (Just Monika) though." Lumine added to Kody's suggestion.

They sat down and picked a random show to view, while waiting for the treats to bake. Watching the show together made them actually discover more about each other. For example, they learned about each other's humor, and even more about what kind of shows they like to watch. Before playing another episode, the timer on the cookies dinged in the distance.

"Wanna frosting on them?" Kody questioned Lumine's preferences in cookies.

"Hmm. Sure!" Lumine informed Kody.

They tried they're very best to do the best artwork possible, to the fullest extent of their abilities. Since neither of them are too talented of artists, they both came up with globs of colors. Both looked at the cookies with pride, even though they may have looked terrible and non creative.

"Food is Food." Lumine shrugged, stating that it still would have tasted the same even if it was pretty.

"True." Kody full-heartedly agreed.

Starting off with two each, they gobbled down their unattractive cookies. Delicious, well baked, cookies made the experience entirely more enjoyable and fun. After they're forth cookie each, they became addicted to that amazing sugary flavor.

"I can't..eat..anymore."

"Food coma..." Lumine shoved one last cookie in his mouth before collapsing onto the couch.

"Same." Kody shared the same feeling that Lumine was experiencing.

"Let's have food coma's together!" Lumine laughed and Kody joined.

___

Question- What's your favorite show on Netflix? What's your favorite kind of cookie?