Part 4

Soleil sat behind the counter of Inks, sketching in her notebook. After Mr. Barker had burst into the store, it had suddenly become very busy. With customers in and out the rest of the day, she'd had no time for research. She even had a few rushing up to her as she locked up at five.

As they walked home, Soleil noticed even less creatures then yesterday. Even Dai admitted that it was strange. He had hidden in the pothos' leaves for the rest of the day after reading about the visible potion, using the time to recuperate and gain his head back. When they had gone upstairs, Dai and Soleil had been surprised to find Miki and three other fae. They all reported missing friends or family. Now, watching the front of Inks and ringing up the occasional customer, she was thinking over all that she had learned.

"You ok?" her uncle asked as he strolled past her and plopped down in an arm chair. The last customer had left ten minutes ago and the rest of the employees were taking a break in the back.

"Yeah just worried."

"About what?" he asked as he picked up a magazine, flipping through absent mindedly.

"Well I don't know if you've noticed but there have been less fae on the streets the past week."

"Yeah I've been wondering what's going on. Their presence has diminished considerably." Lacey padded over to Uncle Jamie and plopped her head in his lap. Dropping the magazine, he leaned back to pet her head.

"Well, several sprites and other fae have come to me with news of missing friends and family members. Some of them think that they're being kidnapped."

"How could that be?" he asked.

"Well, that's what I wondered, but today I found this entry in the one of the books that mom left me, and it said that there is a potion that can turn fae visible to the human eye. I think that someone got a hold of the potion's recipe and is using it to capture fae."

"Damn," he offered.

"Do you still have connections in the Dark Market?" Over the years, Uncle Jamie bought several bottles of rare and magickal inks off the Dark Market to use for Soleil's and other family members' tattoos. Using magickal inks in their tattoos was a family practice that went back generations.

"Why?" he asked warily.

"Cause I need you to ask around and see if there is any odd activity going on."

"I don't think that's a good idea. And that's saying something, seeing as you work in an idea shop."

Soleil rolled her eyes, "Good idea or not, I still need you to ask around."

Nodding he got up from his chair.

"Really, Uncle Jamie. Please just ask."

"Yeah," he replied, avoiding eye contact. A few customers entered and the subject dropped.