Thinking of you

July 31st :

I was 15 today and as always, the Dursleys didn't care.I was used to this though...to them I wasn't anything more than an ignorant little boy. I was in my room when I heard a flapping sound. I turned and saw a beautiful owl with black, tan, and white spots down her back and a white front perched on my window sill. It lightened my mood to see Emma.

I reached out to grab the neatly folded parchment and a carfully wrapped small box tied with a ribbon from her beak. Unfolding the parchment, the writing was definetly Addilyn's, but it wasn't as easily curved and fluent. It appeared to be written with difficulty. It read:

Happy Birthday Harry! I can't wait to see you in September.

- Addie

Why would her writing look different? Still I smiled at the thought of seeing Addie. I unwrapped the package as Emma flew off. Thoughts of Addilyn pirced my mind. How was she? How was her dad? How did he treat her now?

The one that really...really got to me was why was her writing different?

August 21st :

I folded up the bithday note I wrote Addie and tied off the ribbon on the box of her present. I placed them into Hedwigs beak and she flew off. The next day emma was at my window with a note. Addie's writting appeared to have been written with more difficulty than before. She thanked me for the gift but all I could focus on was the writing difference.

September 1st came quick and I was thankful for that. I ran through to platform 9 3/4. Boarding the train and searching for an empty compartment, I found Addie sitting alone. She seemed fine. Her right hand and wrist were wrapped tight with gauze. "What happened to you?" I asked gestureing towards wrist. "Harry!" her face lit up. She stood up and hugged me. I hugged her back. She smelled good like jasmine.

We sat down across from eachother by the window in a closed comaprtment. "So what happened to you?" I asked again. She glaced down at wrapped hand and wrist. "I got into an argument with my dad and since my mother and Cedric died he's been drunk 24/7. It's constant yelling all the time. He has been very abusive of the alcohol." "and apparently you." I said gesturing towards her wrist. she smiled "Yeah...One night he grabbed my wrist hard and turned, and my trying to get away didn't help. I'm not to sure what's exactly wrong with it."

"Addie you can't go back next Summer it's too dangerous." She gave me a small smile "Harry, I have no where else to go...you go back to the Dursley's every summer."

"Well, yes, but the Dursley's won't kill me. Your father keeps this up, who knows where you'll be next year." She looked out the window.

"There you two are!" Hermione and Ginny exclaimed as they sat down in the compartment. Ron close behind. "Addie!!! your hand! what happened!!!" Ginny looked horrified at her. Addilyn laughed lightly "I'm okay." "Addie..." Hermione cooed calmly "what happened." She sighed. "I guess I just rocked being a chaser too hard." she said sarcastically and we all laughed at that.