2 - Back to Reality

I was sleeping, as long as how sleeping beauty had slept. No prince came to my rescue and all I have been into are bad dreams where I repeatedly kept on seeing my boyfriend and Hye Rim kissing and doing other stuff that I and him only should have done. It was crazy. And scary at the same time.

Losing my boyfriend is the least of what I want to happen. I can’t lose him. ‘Cause if I did lose him, I might as well die.

As my body started to feel lighter, and my surroundings started to become brighter. My visions of them started to fade away. I slowly opened my eyes though they felt heavy, and everything I saw was blurred images.

I slowly sat up as I felt my body quite stiff from sleep. I blinked my eyes a few times and brushed the back of my hand onto my eyes to try and clear my eyes so I could percept things visibly and when I looked around I saw the unfamiliar white walls and ceiling, a couch next to the bed, some machines next to my left and I saw my mother sleeping with her head laid on my bed while sitting on a chair next to me.

“O-Om-Omma.” I uttered.

But she was still asleep even if I called her.

“O-Omma.” I uttered again but she didn’t even move.

The door suddenly flew open and I saw my older sister and my father standing with utter shock.

“S-Sun Hee-ah.. Sun Hee! Sun Hee is finally awake! Mom!” Unni called and hurried towards my side.

Mom woke up and when she saw me awake she hugged me so tight.

“My daughter. Sun Hee! I thought you’d be sleeping forever. Oh God. Thank you for listening to our prayers. She’s finally awake! My Sun Hee!” mom said while crying.

“Sun Hee.” I heard my dad say.

I looked at him and then pulled away from mom. My father was way teary which is quite unexpected, since I’ve never been close with my father.

“My Sun Hee.” He said and then he suddenly hugged me tight too, like I’ve been missed for so long.

“A-appa.” I uttered and I felt his grip get tighter.

“Min Ji go call the doctor!” Mom shouted to unni, and unni hurried outside to call the doctor.

My father pulled away and he and mom both smiled at me sweetly.

“Omma, appa, why am I here?” I asked them, since I’m quite confused why I have to be here.

“You were in a car accident 3 months ago, and you have been in coma since until you woke up just now.” Dad explained.

“Is that true?” I asked mom and she nodded.

“So I have been lying on this bed for 3 months now?” They both nodded.

Suddenly the door slid open again and a doctor came in.

“Since when did she wake up?” The doctor asked.

“About 5 minutes ago doctor.” Unni answered.

“How do you feel?”

“I’m fine, but I still feel lightheaded, and my body is somewhat aching all over.” I honestly replied.

“Well then, I guess we have to run several test on you before we could clear you.” He uttered.

“So, does that mean that if she has normal results on her tests we can go home already?” Mom asked the doctor.

“That is possible, but if she gets discharged she should come to the hospital twice a month for check ups.” He said.

“Yes. That is alright. Thank you.” Mom said gratefully and the doctor smiled and finally went out of the room.