6 - Sleep Tight

It is indeed too cold.

But I can’t feel it. I was burning in emptiness at the moment, and the cold couldn’t even extinguish the fire in my heart.

Why does this always has to happen?

Why do I always have to see them?

Why do I always have to remember the painful memories?

Why do I keep running away?

Why do I have to?

I started to cry like a kid, but I covered my mouth with my hands so as not to make a sound that will bother the other passengers. I wept painful tears. I had a broken heart.

Just thinking about them makes me feel so sick. It was such a painful love. Such a painful first love.

Why do I have to be one of those girls who has to be left broken? Why can’t I just have the fairytale and happy ending I always dreamt of?

Is it too hard to give? Is it too hard to find?

As the crying tired me out, I drifted to sleep.

I dreamt for a bit while on the way. And in my dream I saw Jae Joon’s face in it. He smiled at me and said,

“Everything will be alright.”

And in a snap, as my dream faded into just a piece of my imagination when I slept, I opened my eyes to a view of the setting sun.

“Already awake?” A familiar voice asked.

I turned around and saw Jae Joon sitting beside me.

“J-Jae—“

“Don’t look like that. Am I a ghost that your eyes go wide whenever you see me?” He asked and then smirked.

I shook my head and spoke, “N-no. You’re too handsome to be a ghost! But how did you find me?”

“Well… I just happen to accidentally ride the same bus as you. That’s it.” He said plainly.

“That’s it?” He nodded.

“Well… aren’t we going down? ‘Cause this is the last stop already.” He said.

I look around and saw the same place I got too the last time I runaway.

“Okay.” I said and the smiled weakly.

“There, that’s better! You should often smile ‘cause that makes you prettier.” He said and then sweetly smiled at me.

I nodded happily and then followed him down.

When we started to walk we just look ahead of us and didn’t talk at first.

“Uhm… Jae… here’s your coat! I’m returning it.” I said and handed him the coat I was wearing.

He stopped and then turned to look at me. First he stared at my already blushing face and then the coat in my hands. He grabbed it, spread it in his hands in the air and then placed it back on me.

“Wear that or you’ll get cold. I’m just going to give you that since I’m not really getting cold.” He said and then smiled at me and patted my head.

“Are you serious? But isn’t it too cold since it’s fall? Haven’t you heard the news today that we might even possibly reach a 5C degrees temperature today?” I told him as I crossed my arms.

He chuckled and then grabbed one of my hands and then said, “I’m like Iron Man to be feeling cold you know. This is nothing to me. Seriously. Let’s just keep walking and I’ll bring you to a really good café around here.”