Stuck

“Pass, Niall!” I said as I ran across the park. Niall kicked the football to me. I dribbled it to the other side of the field, Zayn behind me. I made my way around Liam and shot the ball at Harry’s goal. It went in. “Yes!” I jumped up. Niall gave me a high five.

“What’s the score now? Ten to nothing?” He smirked. “If this were golf, we would be winning!” Harry said. “You’re just jealous of our skills.” I said. I shivered. It was still pretty cold out. “I’m going in. My hair is going to freeze,” Zayn said. “I’m freezing. Let’s go,” I said to the others. They nodded and we headed inside our hotel. We were now in Boston. It was beautiful here even though it is freezing.

“Right to bed, boys. You have an interview and signing tomorrow,” Paul said as we walked in. They groaned. I yawned. I followed the boys up to our rooms. “Goodnight,” Niall said, kissing my forehead. “Night,” I yawned. We walked to our separate rooms. Niall and Liam now share a room, Louis and Harry share, and Zayn is on his own. Now I have a room all to myself. I hopped in the shower, the hot water feeling so good on my cold skin. I stood in the shower for a good twenty minutes, absorbed in my own thoughts. I got out and put on my soft pajamas.

I heard a knock at the door. I finished putting my hair up and opened the door. I found a container of Nutella and bag of pretzels sitting on the ground. Louis. I smiled. He was apologizing. I picked up the food. I went back inside and opened the Nutella. I watched some chick flick as I dipped my pretzels into the Nutella. Best snack ever.

~

“Hello?” “Hi Chels,” He said on the other end of the phone. “Oh, hey Lou,” I yawned. “I was wondering if you wanted to go out for the day. I want to make it up to you,” “Okay, what time?” “Really? We can leave at noon?” He suggested. “Sure,” I smiled.

“Great, see you then.” He hung up. I sighed. I wanted to forgive him, really. I missed him so much. Everything was out of whack without him. Niall insisted that I take a break from Louis for awhile, which I did for the past week. It’s so incredibly irritating. The other boys are staying out of it, so I’m pretty much left by myself. I’ve kept myself busy by actually helping the lads other assistant.

I’m technically an assistant, but that’s just a way to get me on tour with them. I set up interviews, ran the boys’ twitter, and shopped for their food. It was actually quite fun. I got up and showered. I put on some clothes then ate some pretzels and grabbed my phone. I peered out of my room. making sure the coast was clear. I briskly walked to the elevator and went down to the lobby. Louis was waiting with a red knit hat with a puffball on his head.

“Hey, Lou,” I said awkwardly. “Hi, Chels,” He said, “Ready to go?” I nodded. We got a cab and Lou gave him directions. “Where are we going, Louis?” “You’ll see,” He beamed. He bounced up and down the whole ride. The cab stopped in front of a mini golf place. I raised an eyebrow at Louis.

“Mini golf? It’s February,” I stepped out of the cab after Louis. “I know! That’s what makes it awesome!” He ran toward the entrance. I laughed and followed him. He had already paid the owner ahead of time. The owner gave us our clubs and balls, smiling. Most likely because Louis had given him a large sum of money. Louis went first, his ball flying into an elephant covered in snow. The ball bounced off and fell onto a layer of ice covering a tiny pond.

“Retry!” He declared. “Nope! No retries!” I said firmly. Louis pouted and retrieved his ball. “Please, Chelsea! Pweaseee!” He gave me puppy dog eyes. “Fine! You get a retry!” “YAY!” He jumped at least three feet in the air. Louis retried and to my surprise, got a hole in one. “BEAT THAT!” He said. I hit mine and it went right in.

“HA! Hole in ONE!” I said, throwing my hands up in the air. “But I’m still winning!” He smiled. “Louis, we are tied,” “Well, I scored first so I’m winning!” He jumped off a rock and bounded off to the next hole. I smiled. I had missed him so much.

~

“Thanks for a great time, Lou,” I smiled. “You’re welcome, Chels,” He smiled and we hugged. “Well, I don’t want you to be late to your soundcheck,” “Right,” He said, “I’ll see you backstage later?” “Yep. I’ll be down there in an hour or so. I have to get ready and everything,”  “Okay, I’ll go get Harry. Bye!” He said, running into his room.

I went into my room and I see Niall sitting on my bed. “Niall?” “How was your date with Louis?” He asked angrily. “It wasn’t a date. We just went mini-golfing,” “I told you to stay away from him,” “Niall, you can’t tell me who I can and can not hang out with,” I crossed my arms. “I’m not. I just don’t want you to get hurt,”

“I appreciate your concern, but I can look after myself, thank you very much,” I said, pulling clothes out of my suitcase. “Chelsea...” “Don’t Chelsea me, Niall. Don’t you have a soundcheck to go to?” I said angrily. “You know, I miss the way we used to be. All we ever do is argue anymore,” He said softly. I blinked, scrunching my face up. I felt awful. I looked down at my suitcase and heard the door click shut.  

Sorry that this is so short! Also sorry it took so long to update! I have been having writer's block for this story but now I have some great ideas for the next few chapters! Yay! Once again, the title of the chapter isn't creative at all...

So comment and vote!!!

-Emmi