For the First Time

Niall’s POV

6:30, she would be here any minute. I ran my hand through my hair anxiously. What if she doesn’t feel the same way? What if she doesn’t like the date? She doesn’t particularly like Valentine’s Day. I paced the balcony, all of those thoughts flooding my head. I felt extremely insecure. “Hey, mate,” I turned to see Liam standing in the doorway. “Hey,” I said. “Nervous?” “Nervous is an understatement. I’m going to tell my best friend that I love her.” “She love you, man. Head over heels. Don’t be nervous. Just go with your heart. She’s going to love this,” Liam patted me on the shoulder. I took a deep breath and hugged Liam. “Thanks, Liam.” I said. “Well, I’ll go downstairs and keep watch for her with Harreh. Good luck,” He said. “See you later,” I said and he headed down the stairs. I rubbed my hands together. I glanced anxiously at my phone. 6:35. Why couldn’t she just be here already?

Chelsea’s POV

“Are you okay, Lou? You’re awfully quiet,” I said to him. “Yeah, I’m fine,” He said. He pulled over in front of a park. “What are we doing here?” I asked as he got out. “I thought we could go for a walk,” He gave me a small smile. “But what about the party?” “You won’t be late.” He said and grabbed my hand, leading me over to a garden.

“Hey, where did Niall, Liam, and Harry go?” I asked. They had disappeared and no one had told me where they went. “They went out,” “Oh,” I said, a bit disappointed. I thought me and Niall were going to spend the evening together. We strolled through the small park, then we looked at some shops. Louis looked a bit tense. “Louis, what’s up? You’re acting like you’re worried about something,” “I’m fine,” He said, rubbing him palms together, a sign that he was lying. “You’re lying,” I said. “Am not,” He huffed. “You’re rubbing your palms together.” I pointed at his hands. “Fine, to tell you the truth, there’s no party. We just told you that so we could hang out together.” He smiled.

“Oh,” I said. I still felt like he wasn’t telling me something. We were crossing the street when I spotted a similar mop of curly hair. “Is that Haz?” I said to Louis. “No! No, it’s not,” He said anxiously, trying to turn me the other way. “Chelsea?” Liam called, running toward us. “We better get going,” Louis said, trying to pull me in the opposite direction. “Louis, what is going on?!” I held my ground. “Chelsea! Where have you been?” Liam asked when he got to us. “I’ve been with Louis,” I said. “Well, you’re not supposed to be.” Liam glared at Louis, who now looked extremely guilty. Liam pointed at Louis,

“We’ll talk about this later.” Liam turned to me, “We have to go,” He grabbed my arm. “What’s going on?” I asked as we walked across the street to an old, but beautiful hotel. “You’ll see,” He winked. Harry was standing at the door, looking relieved. “Chelsea! You finally made it!” Harry said, linking his arm with mine. Liam linked my other arm with his. We walked across the lobby to the lift. Liam pushed the button and it opened. They directed me inside and Liam pushed the top floor button. “Have fun,” Liam winked. “What?” I asked, but the doors had already shut. What are these boys up to? And where was Niall?

Niall’s POV

Seven thirty. She stood me up. I fought the urge to kick something. Calm down, Niall. There has to be a logical explanation. I paced the room. I ran my hands through my hair and shook out my body. I was so nervous. I hope nothing bad happened to her. A million things flashed into my head of what could have happened. I heard the elevator coming up. I jerked my head up and turned to face the lift. It opened to reveal Chelsea standing there, looking very confused. I smoothed out my shirt. “Niall?” She asked, walking out of the lift.

“Hi,” I said. She took in the surroundings. Then she smiled. She ran up to me and threw her arms around me. “You did this for me?” She said. “Yes,” I smiled. “So this is where you’ve been almost all day,” She said. “Yep,” I said, leading her over to the table on the balcony. “This is beautiful,” she said as I helped her into her seat. “Not as beautiful as you,” I winked. “You are so corny,” She smiled, “But thank you,” Our waiter came with menus. “What are you getting?” I asked her. “I have no idea. There is so much to choose from.” She laughed.