Making A Demon Deal to Save Dean Part 2: Can't Let You Go

(Warning: possible feels IDK... I wrote this because someone left a comment on the last part, requesting a part 2! If you want any of my stories/ one-shots/ anything to be continued, or if you have a story idea you want me to try, leave a comment!) <3 (Y/N= your name)

Part 2: Can't Let You Go

I'd made the deal so that they wouldn't have to grieve for me. So that Dean could live.

What I didn't know, was the hell that Crowley was going to put them, and me through, anyway.

No, not actual Hell. Been there, done that. Bored of it.

Hell where you can't quite remember the first few words of a song, or you find something you once held precious missing.

And I watched. My Hell, was to watch Sam and Dean Winchester forget me. Or try to...

Late into the night, Dean would sit in his room, on his bed and stare at the side table, like in a trance. There used to be a picture of me and him there. And then he'd shake his head and eventually go to sleep.

Sam would find himself walking into the Bunker's Library, blindly reaching for a book he knew was there. Or he thought he knew. The shelf didn't exist anymore. Because it was mine.

"Dean!" Sam would call, confused and frustrated. "Have you taken any books out of here?"

"Do I look like I read?!"

Both of them, for a reason completely unknown to them, would always make sure the backseat of Baby was clear, and that their seats were moved up. Enough for someone to sit comfortably back there...

I watched. I watched it all.

It got to a point where I was considering accepting Crowley's offer of becoming a Demon. It would have been better than this hell.

Then, it happened.

At breakfast one morning, Dean with a beer in hand, looked to his brother across the table and said, "We're missing something."

Sam sighed, "Right?!" Like a weight was lifted off him.

Dean drew in a breath and nodded. "Well, what do we do? Did we forget something?" He asked.

His brother took a second to think. "We forgot someone, Dean." He said suddenly.

A look of pain and confusion crossed Dean's face. "Remember when I let you drive us home from that case?" He asked.

Sam nodded. "You never let me drive."

"Exactly."

"Were you..." Sam started hesitantly. "Were you injured on that hunt?"

Dean couldn't remember, clearly, from the look on his face.

"Memory spell," Dean mumbled.

Sam sat up straighter. "Dean, those don't always work. Even if one did, maybe we forgot for a reason."

Dean looked at his brother. "Do you think we forgot her for a reason? What reason, Sam?"

"Her?" Sam narrowed his eyes.

Dean bit his lip. "I've been... I've been having these dreams," he says.

Sam nods and for a second it's dead quiet.

"Memory spell," the younger brother says, getting up from the table.

It didn't take them long to make it. They were standing in the Library, with the spell bowl at the table.

I couldn't dare get my hopes up that this would work. No. I begged them silently. Forget me.

Crowley appeared beside me and sighed softly.

"You see, Y/N?" He said. "Those brainless sheep can't live without you. Especially that lovely Dean..."

"Crowley-" I started.

He smiled. "I will recind your deal, my dear." He said.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Their spell will work," he smirked. "They'll remember you. And... I will send you back to them. Dean lives too."

"What? Why?" I narrowed my eyes at the Demon. "What catch?"

He grins. "IOU as the kids say. You, owe, me. Someday." He says.

It feels wrong. I should not accept this.

I watched Sam and Dean finish the memory spell, and then I watched Sam make eye contact with his brother.

"Y/N," Sam mumbled.

As I watched Dean's expression, I started to cry.

He looked like he finally understood the universe, and the universe was hell itself.

"Deal," I choked back a sob.

Crowley snapped his fingers, and I was in the Library-

"Guys-" I started.

But then Dean was running to me and before I could react he had his arms around me. I couldn't help but smile.

"Dean, I missed you so much." I said.

When Dean pulled away, he didn't look as confused as Sam did. Dean looked happy.

"What did you do?" He demanded, pushing my hair out of my face.

"You were dying," I admit.

I turn to Sam and he smiles when I smile at him.

"I made a deal with Crowley." I say. "To save you."

"In exchange for your life?!" Dean exclaimed. "How could you do that!?"

"Not just for my life. I asked him to take all memory of me away from you both." I say. My voice sounds small.

"What-" Dean started.

"I don't know what to say," Sam mumbled. I looked to him. "Other than, I get it."

I nodded. "I know you do,"

Sam hugged me and Dean grumbled something about how he didn't understand why I did such a stupid thing.

Looking at them both here, realizing I'm back, I smiled at how happy I was and cried because I knew it wouldn't last.

"I love you both," I said.

That's the only good reason to make a deal with a Demon.

You've carried on my wayward son

There is peace now you are done

Lay your weary head to rest

Don't you cry no more