Imagine teaching Castiel how to Dance...

It's been two hours into a movie, and Cas had already fallen asleep. He usually did, but Dean had hoped he'd like this one. You were between them on the sofa, half watching the movie full of dancing and a sappy plot, and half eyeing Dean as he shoveled popcorn into his mouth repeatedly.

Dean sighed as the two mains kissed and the movie ended on a happy note.

"That never happens in real life." You say at the same time Dean yells, "Come on! She was supposed to go for the other guy!"

Dean's shouting woke up Cas, who sat straight up and almost smacked you in the face with his flailing arms.

Dean chuckled wryly, "Mornin' sleeping beauty."

You smiled and Cas blinked tiredly and instead of answering Dean with some half baked remark, said, "Can you teach me how to dance?"

You didn't know who he was talking to, you or Dean, so when you looked over and found Cas' deep blue eyes on you, you blushed.

Dean laughed again, "This better be good..."

You glared at the hunter and then turned to Cas again, "Why do you want to learn how to dance?" You asked Cas.

He lowered his eyes shyly, "After becoming human, I find I have little experience in some of your more... Artistic ways. The film we just witnessed brought to my attention my inability to perform the act of dancing." Cas said, straight forward without blinking.

Dean shook his head and got off the couch, "You didn't even watch the movie Cas."

"That is not true Dean, I was fully conscious the entire time. I merely wanted to create my own images while hearing the music." Cas replied.

When Cas stood up and held out his hand to you Dean scrambled for his phone.

You gave him a look that said, 'You will pay for this Squirrel.'

You took Cas' hand and he helped you up, putting your hands lightly on his hips. Dean snorted and snapped a picture.

"Sam's gonna owe me fifty bucks." Dean whispered.

You blushed. They'd bet on you and Cas... Idjits.

But nothing was going to happen, is was just dancing, which you found out quickly, Cas was very bad at.

Once you had moved your hands to the correct position, you tried to take a step forward and Cas accidentally stepped on your foot. He didn't seem to notice so you hid the pain and tried again.

Waltzing wasn't something you were practiced in either, but after a few minutes of awkward adjusting and trying to keep your heartbeat steady, you found you actually enjoyed it. Too bad Cas had two left feet. The angel was persistent though. He didn't refrain from asking for help, which made you smile, however Dean's constant picture taking made you a little nervous.

A few more minutes later you were dancing, albeit poorly, around the living room of the bunker with Cas.

Dean laughed, "You call that dancing?" He teased.

Cas smiled proudly, "Yes." He grinned, finally releasing you.

"Thank you for teaching me." He smiled.

You looked over at Dean who was smiling as well.

"You think you can do better handsome?" You called to Dean from across the room.

Dean didn't back down from anything. And since Sam wasn't here, Dean had no excuse for resisting....

When the hunter walked over to you and Cas, you almost expected him to take Cas' hand and continue what you'd finished. Instead, Dean's hands went around your waist and his candy apple green eyes met yours in what you could only call, a challenge.

You started dancing again, this time amazed at the hunter's coordination and skill. Dean wasn't the kind you expected to be good at this sort of thing, but he was.

You barely had to do anything, just follow his lead, unlike with Cas, who was, funnily enough, watching your exchange with the hunter through wide eyes, interested in Dean's newly recognized talent.

When Dean stopped, you realized the music you'd heard playing while you danced with him wasn't music, is was in fact Dean humming softly.

Trying to suppress your blush, you smiled at Dean, and then laughed when Cas snapped a picture of you both, Dean's hands still around you.

Dean muttered something under his breath and Cas smiled, "Sam owes me a hundred dollars." He says before hurrying out of the room, laughing cutely.

Dean cursed and you just smiled and kissed his cheek. He smiled back at you and you knew from his expression he loved you. Maybe not romantically, but you were definitely part of the family.

"Great movie." You smiled.