Under the stars

Hours had passed since we parked ourselves by the cliffside. It was great to be able to just talk with Carter in such a peaceful environment despite the fact our lives were pretty much ending. Just looking in his stunning brown eyes made me forget, just for a moment, what was happening in the world around me.

The sun was beginning to set as the moon and the stars began to reveal themselves. It was such a breathtaking sight.

"The sunset is so beautiful tonight." I sighed in amazement.

"You're more beautiful, love." Carter looked over at me and smiled.

"Oh hush, you." I nudged him, "Just let me enjoy nature."

"Oh, whatever."

As the night went on, Carter and I played some games, ate some food, and eventually began to get ready for bed, which wasn't necessarily easy to do in the camper van.

The camper van was as small as you'd expect. There was the driver's and passenger's seat up front with the center console dividing the seats, then behind the seats was a full-size mattress. Towards the back of the van were kitchen appliances on the left side; a sink, microwave, stove, fridge, all of that jazz. As for the right, there was a tiny dining booth that turned into a bed. Above it was a cabinet where we kept all of our stuff. We also had a sunroof as well, which could be revealed or hidden. It was usually hidden until nighttime when all the stars appeared. The camper van was pretty hard to change in since you always had the risk to hit your upper body off the ceiling unless you were under a certain height.

Once we got situated, Carter opened the sunroof, exposing the stars and letting them shine down on me. The stars were our only source of light, other than maybe our phones going off every now and again.

"God, I love this camper van so much." I laid back and smiled.

"I love you so much, Kassandra." Carter pushed my bangs back and looked down at me as he went to lay back down.

"Oh, stop it you." I blushed a little, but it was hard to tell from the lack of light in the van.

Carter pulled me close and started studying the stars and constellations.

"Oh, hey, that's the line for the Aries constellation!" Carter exclaimed. He knew I was born on April 11th, which was when Aries' zodiac time took place, or something of the sort. He also knew how prideful I was about being an Aries.

"Yeah, you're right," I smiled, "I know nothing about constellations, but I bet there's a lot right now with all of these stars.

"There is indeed, but out of all of these stars, you're my favorite." Carter kissed the top of my head.

"You're my favorite star too, but you're also such a dork." I teased.

"Well, so are you, Kass." Carter said in a mocking tone.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm going to sleep." I said mid-yawn. I rolled over and looked outside the window.

"Good night, love." Carter wrapped his arms around me as we fell asleep, spooning.