IX.

Thursday.
September 24, 2038.

"Hey Isabel."

Isabel couldn't possibly hear that because she had her head phones on.

"Hey!" he hit her hand. That got her attention.

She was in the school's gym stabbing math class. She hated the subject and the teacher as well so she saw no need to make herself suffer unreasonably. Isabel sat up to take a good look at the lowlife who had just hit her. She didn't know him. Therefore, he was a lowlife.

"Why did you hit me?" Isabel asked, blowing her bubble gum.

"I'm sorry. It's just.. I'm.. I mean.. I...," the boy stammered.

In Isabel's world, he was just a boy. It didn't matter to her whether he was tall or had beards and moustaches. The fact still remained that he was her age mate.

"If you have something to say to me, say it. You're blocking my air," she said, frowning.

"I'm Charles. Nice to meet you," he extended his hand.

Isabel stared at his hand, clearly irritated. Does he really expect me to touch his hand? She thought. She held back a chuckle. No no, let's not be mean. Yet. He was kinda cute. Tall and agile. Thick black hair. She decided to shake his hand.

Charles was ecstatic. Isabel actually held his hand, the Isabel. He held back his joy so he wouldn't seem pathetic in front of her. Charles was a basketball player. He was popular but not popular enough for Isabel. He had tried talking to her countless times but he never could. He had been in the same class rooms with her ever since junior school and since then he had been nursing a crush. To be fair, every sane guy in Mish High had a crush on the gorgeous Isabel.

"I'm inviting you to my birthday party," said Charles. He brought out a card and handed it to her.

She took her time evaluating the card, determining if the party will be worth her time. "Happy birthday," she finally said.

He beamed, "So I'll see you there?"

"Maybe," she said, smirking at him. "Bye Charles."

That was his cue. He gave her a big smile and left the gymnasium.

Isabel had immediately decided she was going attend his party. She had previously been thinking about how boring her life was becoming. The party was at 9p.m. She put her headphones back on and zoned out.

Soon enough it was time to go home. Isabel had fallen asleep in the gym. Thankfully her boyfriend knew where she had gone.

She felt someone kissing her lips. No. More like licking her lips. Eww. She opened her eyes and pushed the person away. It was her boy toy. She didn't see him as a boyfriend, she never even remembered his name. But she figured it was only right for a popular figure like herself to go out with the most popular guy in school.

"What the hell?!" she yelled.

"Are you offended by that?" he asked, not sorry for what he did. "C'mon we're dating. It comes with all that."
He tried kissing her again.

"Get off me!"
She carried her bag and strutted out.

"Babe! Babe!"

Her boy toy was following her. Typical.

He finally met up with her. "What did I do? Okay I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"It's fine if you are."
She turned to leave again. But he held her back and tried to kiss her again.