XII.

Monday.
October 5, 2038.

Isabel's mom was still in the hospital. The doctor said it wasn't a major thing, something about having a concussion, she wasn't paying attention. Her dad had specifically asked Guy to bring her home early. Family meeting, he called it. She still hadn't carried out her plans of blackmailing her father. She had super plans for him now that school was gradually drawing to a close.

Sitting at the back seat of the car, she looked out the window. For the first time in her life, she felt something. She couldn't pin the emotion down, but something was down there. Maybe a feeling of awe or wonder. The things God created are beautiful after all. She looked back at her smartphone, and suddenly the feeling was gone. Her boyfriend, Charles, still hadn't replied her text message. Anger clouded her mind.

"You're finally here." Her dad smiled at her like she had won a million cidars. She rolled her eyes at him.

She noticed her mom, she looked tired and bland. Her mom always looked tired but this was beyond normal. A pang of guilt came into her heart and passed the second it got there. She offered her mom a small wave which wasn't returned.

"Now that we're all seated.. Isabel why are you sitting all the way over there? Come here," said her dad.

Isabel grunted and stood to sit in a couch opposite her ghostly mom.

"Now that we're all seated, I'll get straight to the matter. We're moving to Ozark."

Isabel stood abruptly with her eyes widened. She couldn't speak for a moment but when she got her voice back, she screamed, "What?!"

Not taking a glance at his daughter, he ordered her to sit back down, which she didn't obey.

"You can't do that! My whole freaking life is here for heaven's sake! No, I ain't moving nowhere." She turned to go to her room.

"Stop right there young lady. If you walk out on us, you'll be grounded for a long time."

"Us?!" she screeched. "What us? Hope you ain't referring to the ghost sitting there." She pointed at her mom.

"Isabel!" her dad growled.

"Noo! I will not move! And that's final." She ran upstairs to her room, not without noticing the strange gleam her mom had in her eyes.

Tears came down from her face, destroying her make-up. Her dad meant every word. She was going out of Mish and into a social misfit town. What would her friends say about her? Normal people moved out of Ozark to go to college and she was moving into it. What madness had activated this thought into her dad's evil mind? She checked her smartphone, Charles still hadn't replied. She smashed it on the floor and cried even louder.

==============================

Her dad looked upstairs when he heard a smashing sound. His daughter was probably taking her anger out on poor objects.

He had thought long and hard about his decision. His wife surprisingly had gone along with it. He felt he needed to spread his wings in lesser towns. And besides, Mish was becoming too crowded for his liking. The most important reason though, was Marilyn. He wanted to see her again. They had a lot of things to discuss.

Vote and comment guys. It encourages :). What do you think will happen when Marilyn meets Marco? A lot of drama, that's for sure.