II.

Tuesday.
September 22, 2038.

Tamara sat on the roof of her house. A long time ago before her marriage had gone dull she'd come here to absorb the view every morning. It wasn't a terrific view but she loved it all the same. The sun was rising gently, casting it's beautiful light on the hills, the valleys, the houses, everywhere. It looked eerie.

In such a town, beautiful views of nature were hard to find. Tamara's estate was one of those hard to find places. Her husband had spent a lot of money in getting an isolated beautiful crib for them. The sun was taking its time coming up to give the world light. But why shouldn't it? It had such a tedious job. Tamara envied the sun. It was doing what it was meant to be doing. She wondered what she was meant to be doing.

Their house was lovely. Her husband was a very successful doctor, a neurosurgeon to be precise. He was top in his field and loved by all. She hadn't been up here in a very long time.

Mish was a large and very commercial town. It was for people who wanted exposure, wanted to see the world. Tamara was once one of those. She had eloped here with her cheetah. The fastest social man she had ever met. For a doctor, Marco was quite fast. He never wasted time taking decisions and always knew what he wanted. He was the only man that ever kept up with the vivacious Tamara.

Unlike her sister, Tamara was a very tenacious girl. She was energetic and fun loving. She was beautiful and full of life. Ah yes.. Tamara was once very beautiful. She swayed every man who ever laid eyes on her. All mortal beings wanted her. Her figure had been envied by all females. She had been a willowy one with a very thin waist that curved audaciously begging to be worshipped.

She was still tall with long velvet hair. But that was pretty much the only thing that hadn't changed. Her complexion had once been compared to alabaster. She sighed. Tamara missed her old life. She should never have married Marco. He ruined her. He ruined everything.

Beauty had met her beast. Yes she admitted to herself that there was once a very strong chemistry between Marco and herself but that was all gone now. She looked down at herself. Her desired figure had vanished. Her beauty gone. Thanks to her first and only child. She loved Isabel but was she really worth all she lost? The birth of Isabel had been the start of her ruin. But that's a story for another day.

Thoughts of how she was going to survive this day raced through her mind. She worked in an abattoir ten hours in a day. Worked through the stench and decay of dead pigs. But that was the job made for her. The job that made her stay hateful. She wanted to stay angry. She needed to. She had a lot of things to be angry for.

Back in her days, she used to model for an agency. She didn't get a college degree because she felt her husband would always provide for her. And he did, he was still doing just that. But she just couldn't stand to be a house wife anymore. She needed something to vent her anger on. Hence, she got a job in the abattoir and slaughtered pigs everyday. Sunday was the only exception.

She stood and walked back into the house. The beautiful view was gone. The sun had begun it's duty. Time for her to begin hers. Tamara doesn't cook for the family. Marco preferred to eat out and Isabel didn't like her food. So she saved the whole stress of doing something she hated doing in the first place.

"Good morning."
Her husband greeted her with a non-committal peck on the cheeks. It was all for show. They both knew it.

"Hi," Tamara answered with a grunt.

Her husband was drinking coffee and reading the morning paper. He saw a comedy strip and laughed joyfully. He had probably met a more beautiful pimp nurse to sleep with. She was filled with so much anger but she kept a tight lid always. Always.

She slid into the shower and let the water run through her body for two minutes. She didn't think it necessary to be squeaky clean since she was busy gonna get dirty again. She wore a T-shirt and baggy jeans. She packed her now black hair into an unattractive ponytail. No makeup. She looked like an angry mother in-law. Ensuring her car key was in her bag, she left her bedroom. Marco and her slept separately.

"Hi mum," Isabel whispered.
Tamara pretended not to hear. Obviously her daughter didn't want to greet her. She didn't care. Tamara made a sandwich and ate it in a rush. She always rushed her food.

"My allowance money is finished," Isabel said as a matter of fact.

"Talk to your dad," Tamara replied, gulping water down.

Isabel rolled her eyes.
"He's gone to work. Why else do you think I'd ask you in the first place?"

Tamara grabbed her bag and walked to the front door. She paused to say, "Tell your driver to take you to see your dad, then go to school after." She was about leaving but she turned to add, "That skirt leaves nothing to the imagination, have it changed."

"It's none of your business!" Isabel yelled.

But Tamara was already out of the house. She drove smoothly through their estate to the main gate leading to the outside. Their estate was a large one. They had four drivers, ten cleaners, one nanny, two gatemen, five gardeners and a butler.

Marco had insisted times without number that she let a driver take her around. But she declined. Her emotions were too unstable to have anyone around her. Not that Marco even cared. Again, It was all for show. Tamara didn't know any of the staff names. Just nanny Edwin. She was the only woman who had worked for them since like.. forever... and she was more of a mother to Isabel than Tamara would ever be.

She arrived at her workplace and parked at her usual spot. Changing her clothes in the general room, she sighed deeply. They were all women so there was no need for modesty. She worked ten hours straight, nonstop. Her job had a break period which started at midday.

During the break period, the women were inclined to have a quick bath to rid their bodies of the horrible odour. Tamara didn't see the point in doing that since after the break they had to continue the job. So she never gave herself the liberty.

Sitting alone in the large scary room, a lot was on her mind. She thought about all the things she had gone through. All the things she she was going through. All the things soon to come. She slaughtered and gutted those pigs like they were human. She was killing Marco and every single pimp he had ever slept with. She was killing her fibroid condition. She was killing all the drugs she had taken that made her look this way.

Most of all, she was killing herself. She was killing her spirit. And she didn't even care about the stench of death on her body.