Vicorda

Many thoughts were attacking me. Would the siblings will turn out to  be of my age or elder than me. I didn’t knew anything  about them . However Mom assigned me the task to accompany them .  How will I entertain them. I had decided on showing  them movies or cartoon whatever. I had nothing else to think off but  was just nervous  .

“What’s this you are not even dressed yet?”  Dad interrupted my thoughts

“Yeah going to  .”  I replied.

I got trapped in the confusions of which  dress to choose. At last I chosen a Red dress which Mrs. William had gifted me .

The bell ranged ,they came . I speeded up and got dressed.  We warmly welcomed them. They got inside and sat on the  sofas .

“Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Vicorda .” Mom greeted 

She introduced me to them  and Dad introduced  them to us. Mr. Vicorda was a good looking gentleman. His body is lanky and the tomato face suites him. And Mrs. Vicorda was a well built , beautiful lady. There  were the siblings too . One  of them was a boy of my age I hope so . He was tall and of fair complexion.  But the girl with him , seems to be his sister , was of typical type. She was petite in appearance and was too elegant. But very unfriendly.

“Meet, he is Charlie and she is Rosy .” Dad introduced them to me.

I too introduced myself. I Got to know that Charlie is in our neighboring school , St. Clarence School. And his  is  interested in science . I love it .

“You guys can go with Muriel.” Said mom pointing at me . Rosy was too uncomfortable with me . After others encouragement she came with me. Charlie looks sorry for Rosy . Mom served us some apple juice and  fries .  I took them to my room.

“Is it yours room ?” Rosy questioned .

“Ah, yes its my room.”  I replied.

“Don’t seem to be. It’s too small and clumsy.” She said .  I didn’t replied.

“Rosy can’t you behave .” Charlie murmured .

“Ah it’s ok. So Rosy which school do you  belong to?” I interrupt.

“Same school. With me.” Charlie answered instead of Rosy and continued,  “And you?”

“Me ! John’s High School .” I said.

“Its too good , I heard so.” He replied.

“Yeah.” I answered .

“Oh!  stop it. You guys are too old.” Rosy protested

I didn’t  knew what to do with her . She was too disgusting, but this time her brother acted.

“What’s your problem Rose?”   said Charlie in disgust. Rosy kept quite.

“Don’t scold her,” I insist, “Ah Rosy   what do you want to do?”

“Nothing.” She stopped a little and then, “ Can I  go on with your laptop?”

I forgot my laptop on the bed.  “Yeah sure.” I replied. She smiled and went with it .

“Can we let her go with her work and go to verandah!” Charlie questioned.

“Ok ! let’s go . It’s to good outside” I agreed. It was really good. It was drizzling and I loved it. If Charlie would have been not with me, I’d definitely enjoy the shower.

“Do not mind for Rose’s behavior. She is a stupid girl.” He apologized.

“ Yeah absolutely .” I thought.

“Nothing matters. She’s a child now.” I commented .

“Do you have any friends?” he questioned

“ Yeah off course I have.” I answered . He took a deep breath and then started.

“But I have none.” I didn’t no what to say.

“But Why?” I asked him.

“No one likes me. I’m too ugly and weird , am I?” He said.

“No not at all you are too good. Who said you have no friends ,I can be your friend if you want ” I replied .

“Oh really.” He stopped and said “But am too ordinary and they( schoolmates ) don’t like me.”

“Ordinary is perfect and perfect is good.” I encouraged him.

“You think am good. How could you know anyone in just less than a hour.” He argued .

“A person can be identified  from his face.” I said. I was confuse as to why he was telling me these.

“When I came to this school, I was alone. I thought  that one day I will be able to have friends, but till now the day hasn’t come. No one talks to me. I used to like going to school when I was in other school, but now I hate to go.” He stopped.

I was more confused this time.  “Why don’t you enjoy the life without friends. You always tried to be friendly but no one reacted. Now you must go school happily.” I said encouraging him.

“Its not possible.” He replied.

“Its possible, till now they had ignored you , now you ignore them. Make them feel that you are good  to be their friend. I am giving you its guarantee .” I stopped.

“Are you sure it will work?” He asked.

“Just try once.” I insisted.

“Kids come the dinner is ready.” Mom shouted . How one hour had passed I couldn’t understand.

We went to the hall . I found Rosy there so went to shut down my laptop. My mom is a wonderful cook . Her dishes had impressed the guest. After dinner mom served ice-creams to all. Rosy  seemed to  be impressied.

“Its good?’ I asked her.

“Yeah its delicious, I like it.” She replied.

“It was my choice.” I commented. No answer . I smiled.

I knew she would not be able to say anything after I said that. It was Ten o’ clock when they left our house .

“How were the Vicorda’s?” Mom asked me.

“Nice” I answered.”

“And siblings?” She asked again. She smiled.

“Ah Rosy…… was typical, out my mind. And Charlie he’s too good .” I said

“What did they do?” She again asked.

“Rosy was with my laptop and Charlie was gossiping with me .” I said.

“ What did you talk to him about ?” again she asked.

“Mom ….stop asking questions. He was busy in narrating his sad story.” I said.

“Sad story?” She wondered.

“ Ah he was telling that his school life is too bad. He is neglected in school. He has no friends and so on .” I took a deep breath.

“He really?” she asked.

“ Yeah . I’m now going to sleep, don’t ask any more question.” I went to my room. I mailed  Jhisel  to pick me up tomorrow.