Chapter Eighteen

Aria, Seth, Chloe and Spencer were walking to their school’s library. Spencer and Chloe were each holding a stack of books while Aria and Seth held only one. 

“I just think Mr. Greene needs to back off. I turned in that homework a day early and did an extra credit project in only a week. Now he wants us to do another project?” Spencer complained.

“Oh, please, Spence. You know you were excited when he said that we’d have another one,” Seth said. “You almost jumped out of your seat.”

“I am not excited because knowing us I’ll have to do either yours or Aria’s research. That is one thing I am not looking forward to.”

“Oh, c’mon,” Aria said. “If you -”

“Guys, guys, shut up,” Seth said. “I hear Keisha.”

“The bitch that told all of our secrets?” Spencer asked. “You know, that was really stupid of her because we could totally call the cops on her.”

“With what evidence, Spence?” Aria asked.

“Guys, shut up!” Seth whisper-shouted. 

The four friends stopped right next to the library door, where they could hear the conversation Keisha was having with the boy, D’Andre, that came to Chloe’s house yesterday.

They listened to Keisha explain how she had stayed at the club, the drug debts from her father, and most importantly, the Wayne rape incident, leaving out the fact that she killed him. He just sat there and nodded. Keisha said, "And babe, I thought I needed to tell you,” She took a deep breath, “I'm pregnant and I don't know if the father is you or him."

D'Andre grabbed Keisha’s hand and she whispered, "I need you. I love you."

He sighed and looked up "Baby you know I love you too, and I will never leave you alone." 

“Okay, what the hell?” Spencer said. “I totally saw her flirting with Chris Woods the other day, so what is this bullshit?”

“I don’t know, Spence, but shut up,” Seth demanded. “You’re being too loud.”

“We should get out of here,” Chloe said. “We really shouldn’t be eavesdropping.”

“Chloe I’ve seen you eavesdrop on your mother millions of times,” Aria said.

“This is different, though!” 

“Guys, we need to go,” Seth said, pushing them away from the library door.

“But wh-”

“Oh, my God!” Keisha shouted when she saw them.

“Dammit,” Seth whispered.

“What are you four doing here?” 

“You know,” Spencer said, “going to the library.” She faked a laugh.

“So, Keisha,” Seth started, “can you tell us why exactly you told the furious five all our secrets?”

“About that,” Keisha said, “I have to go.”

She started walking, but Seth grabbed her arm. “No, you will tell us. You will tell us now,” she said, furiously.

“Why did I tell them?” Keisha laughed. “Because you guys are all bitches and whores.”

“And you’re not?” Spencer said.

“Spence, not now,” Seth said to Spencer. She went back to Keisha, “You do know, we could easily tell all your secrets, correct?”