Chapter Two

Motel after motel. Job after job. I've been saving up to buy an apartment. I finally got a car when I turned 19. A beautiful 1995 CJ5 Model Jeep. It was a nice baby blue colour. Anyway, my family hasn't been trying to make contact and I hope it stays that way. I doubt they noticed I was gone anyway. I have become very resourceful too. Sometimes when I don't have enough money to rent a night at a motel I will camp out in the woods if they have any or I will sleep on the streets. Sometimes I don't sleep at all and I keep heading towards my destination. My home, New Orleans, LA, to my destination San Francisco, California. I know it's a long way, but I am very close to my destination. Right now I am in Sacramento, California, which is a two hour drive to San Francisco. I have had many detours and struggles with my money but soon it will be worth it. I have been looking at apartments for so long and I found one within my range. Plus it's really nice. I have made arrangements with the owner and the manager and they told me I should come down as soon as possible. I don't have much stuff. A suitcase of clothes, two boxes of books, a box of notebooks for my writings, and a shoebox full of jewelry. I also have a bag of all my electronics. Anyway, I can't wait to get to the apartment. Maybe I could meet someone or some nice people here. I really hope so.