Chapter Nine

We were back at my apartment. We were planning on what to do and we decided that we would take my car to the mall and then have a shopping spree. “Sounds like a plan. Let’s go before it gets to crowded” I stated as I got up and grabbed my keys. I proceeded to pick AJ up and then walk out of my apartment. JJ and Morgan followed. I closed my door and locked and then followed Morgan and JJ down to the garage. “Wow. This car looks crappy.” JJ stated. “Thanks James. Roscoe totally needed that beautiful compliment” I told him sarcastically. “Don’t worry baby. You are so handsome.” I told Roscoe as I gently patted his hood. “You’re mental.” Morgan giggled. “You’re right. I’m mentally insane.” I replied. AJ giggled. “Crap!” I exclaimed as I unlocked my car and opened up the door. I pulled my seat forward and remembered that I don’t have a carseat. “I don’t have a carseat for her. I’ll have to buy one when we go to the mall.” “You don’t have to do that Adrian. You really need to stop that. You’re too generous.” JJ stated. I rolled my eyes. I then put AJ in the middle and climbed in next to her. I then grabbed the middle seat belt and buckled her in and then I grabbed the seat belt that goes around the waist and put it around her. After I made sure she was okay and secure I climbed back out. “Who’s gonna sit in the back?” I asked and Morgan said she would. “He knows the faster way to the mall and the ways to avoid traffic.” she stated. I nodded my head and watched as she climbed in the back and then I put my seat back up. I climbed in and started the car and waited for JJ to get in. As soon as he got his seatbelt on I put my car in reverse and backed out of the parking space. “When we get out of the parking garage you’re going to make a left then keep going straight until you hear further directions from me.” JJ said. “I have a question of my own.” I stated. I heard JJ hum. “Why are all of you so bossy?” I asked. I heard Morgan and JJ laugh. “That’s just who we are, but some of us aren’t always so dominate. Are we?” Morgan said as she poked JJ’s shoulder. He blushed and mumbled for her to shut up. “I don’t know why they awe so bossy. When I ask that I us-usa-us” I looked in my mirror to look at AJ. “Us-u-ally.” I told her, sounding out the syllables. She gave me a big smile and I diverted my attention back to the road. “That’s the wowd. I us-u-ally get in twouble when I ask that.” I chuckled. “RIGHT” JJ said suddenly. I looked to my right making sure no one was coming. I turned on my blinker and quickly turned right into the next lane and then stopped at the stoplight. “You need to be more aware James. You need to tell me when I need to turn and what exits I’m going to take. If you don’t want to pay attention than would you mind putting on the GPS on my phone?” I growled at him. “Chill dude. I’m sorry.” I sighed. I was overreacting. “No. I’m sorry. I overreacted. I usually don’t get angry easily. Sorry JJ.” I told him as the stoplight turned green. I made my turn and there was an awkward silence that filled the car. “Would you please tuwn on some music?” AJ asked. “Sure. What do you want to listen to Princess?” I responded. “Go off exit 49 and then make another right.” JJ stated. “Whatevew you want. I like all music.” AJ stated. I nodded my head. Let’s just say that I had AJ hooked to Panic! At The Disco by the time we to the mall.