Chapter Four

I walked back up the steps, which by the way was tiring enough. I just wanted to go to sleep, but I still had to bring up my other boxes. I had finally finished with all the paperwork and payed for my first month in cash. “Would you like any help?” I heard someone ask. I looked up and saw a woman with dark skin and beautiful eyes. She was beautiful. So beautiful that it made me blush. “Ummm. I-i--i don’t kn-know.” I stuttered and looked back down. “Where are my manners? My name is Morgan Little. I’m your neighbour. Sorry for being so straightforward, I was just excited to meet my new neighbour. The other ones didn’t like me very much. They thought I was a slut and wanted to ruin their marriage. Their loss though. Anyway. Back to my original question, would you like some help?” She told me as I walked into my apartment and set down the box I was carrying. I thought about it for a second. ‘She seems nice enough. Maybe she’s just trying to be nice to so she can get something from me. I’m not quite sure.’ I thought. “Ummm… I guess so.” She squealed in response and started talking again.

*30 Minutes later*

I sighed as I put my suitcase on my bed. Then proceeded to fall down next to it. “You tired?” I heard her ask. “Very.” I replied with my face still pressed against the mattress. I then felt the coldness where my suitcase was pressed against my side, and then the bed sank. I looked up and saw her lying down next to me. ‘Maybe the other owners were right. No. Don’t judge.’ I thought. “Alright. Would you like to hang out later or would you like to wait for tomorrow?” I gave her a confused look. I never had friends to hang out with, so this is new to me. “You do want to be friends right?” I was so confused. I never had a friend. ‘Should I say yes? How could I say no? She was hot and beautiful. She was so kind to.’ My mind was throwing these thoughts around and I couldn’t think straight. “Hello? Is anyone there?” I heard her say and I felt her knocking on my forehead. I shook my head and saw her wearing a confused, yet concerned face. “Are you okay?” I could only nod my head. “Sorry. I was just… uuuhh. thi-thinking. Sorry” I mumbled. “No need for apologies. So...” She said as she nudged my shoulder. “Yes. We may hang out tomorrow, but could you show me around first so I don’t get lost?” I asked all of a sudden. When I’m scared and don’t want to disappoint I talk fast. “Of course.” She said in an exciting tone. I sighed and put my head against the bed again. “I’m going to leave now. What time do you want to meet?” I hummed. ‘I usually get up around 11. Maybe I could push it and say 10.’ “Around 10.” I mumbled. “Alright. 10 it is. Good night…” I heard her go quiet. “You never told me your name.” I jumped from my bed and stared at her. “I didn’t. I’m sorry, where are my manners?” I asked and she giggled. “My name is Adrian Gray.”