Chapter Seven

I look up and see a little girl staring at me. She was adorable, but she looked so lost. “Hey Morgan. I need to use the restroom. Where is it?” I asked. “You go down that hallway and turn left and it should be the first door on your right.” “Thanks.” I got up from my seat and walked toward her. She backed up a bit, but I put my hands up to show her that I had nothing to hurt her with. “Hey it’s okay. I’m not going to hurt you.” I finally got to her and kneeled down in front of her. She sniffled as I push a strand of dark brown hair out of her face. She was crying. “What’s wrong sweetheart?” I asked her as I wiped her tears. “I-I-I ca-can’t find m-m-my bwov-bwover.” She stuttered. “Okay honey. What’s your name?” I asked as I stood up. “Allison Johnson. Mo-most pe-people ca-ca-call me AJ.” She stuttered again. “Come here little one.” I told her and she walked towards me. I picked her up and started to walk back towards the table. When I got back to the table JJ was talking frantically with Morgan. “SHE’S GONE! I HAD HER SITTING ON THE STOOLS AND NOW SHE’S GONE! SOMEONE COULD HAVE TAKEN HER! MORGAN WE NEED TO FIND HER!” JJ frantically screamed at her. “Honey calm down. We will find her soon. When Adrian gets back we will go look for her.” Morgan said softly. “Hey guys. What’s going on?” I asked as I started rubbing AJ’s back and swaying back and forth. They both turned to look at me. “OH THANK GOD!” JJ screamed as he looked at AJ. “You’re her brother?” I asked him and he nodded his head. “Yea. She’s my baby sister.” JJ explained. I just nodded my head and went to hand her to JJ, but then I noticed that she was clinging to my shirt. “I want you to hold me.” She mumbled before she yawned. “She wants me to hold her JJ. Is that okay?” He just nodded his head and walked to my side. “Hey sweetie. What happened? I come out to check on you and you were gone.” JJ told her and she yawned again. “I wanted to find you, but I didn’t know where you were.” She muttered and then she closed her beautiful blue eyes. She was asleep. I sat down gently in the booth and put her on my lap. I had her stomach pressed against mine and her head was rested against my chest as she fell into a deeper slumber. I started to rub her back again. “You seem to take a liking to her.” Morgan said while JJ sat down next to her. “I like children. They are more accepting than adults. They are also more cute and angelic.” I heard JJ laugh. “She is very angelic and smart. I try to give her a childhood, but every since our parents died she’s been forced to grow up. I came home one day and she asked me for the Harry Potter series. She’s 5 years old and she’s wanting to read 5th or 6th grade books.” JJ exclaimed. I smiled down at her. “She reminds me of myself. I was forced to grow up too, but she has people who support like you two. She’s going to be an amazing person when she’s older.” I said. “Anyway. What would you guys like to eat?” JJ asked as he got up and took his notebook out of his back pocket and waited for us to decide. “Okay. I guess I’ll start. I’ll take the Ultimate Pancake Stack with whipped cream and sprinkles. I would also like a coffee with vanilla creamer. Don’t forget the milk either.” Morgan demanded. I chuckled a bit at her bossiness. “Whatever. What would you like honey?” I looked at the menu and told him “I would like the Waffle Stack with extra syrup. I would also like a side of eggs with cheddar cheese and another side of hash browns with ketchup.” “Alright. What about a drink?” He asked as he wrote down my order and then looked at me again. “I would like two cups of hot chocolate with whipped cream and topped with cinnamon. I would also like two cups of water.” He gave me a weird look but left anyway and went to go place the order. “So, mind if i ask you some more questions?” Morgan asked. “Sure” I responded. “What’s your favourite colour?” “Black” “What’s your favourite food?” “Uuummm… It’s a debate between chicken tenders and mozzarella sticks.” Morgan laughed. She continued to ask away and I kept responding.