Chapter Six

“HEEEEYYYY GURRLL” I heard someone yell. I turned to where the voice was coming from and I saw a man wearing a pair of white shorts and a black crop top. He ran over to Morgan and they both kissed each other’s cheeks and hugged. “How have you been? You absolutely fabulous. That lipstick looks amazing on you.” He said. I felt a bit out of place. He didn’t even look at me. I’m used to that though. “I’m doing well. Thank you so much, I was waiting for the right moment to use it. Then this little doll came around.” Morgan said as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders and pulled me into her side. I gave him a small smile as he looked me up and down in a judgemental way. I felt so uncomfortable. “You like the colour black. You don’t care what people think about you, but they do make you uncomfortable. You’re into bands. Good.” I was so confused. “Don’t mind him. He’s just doing that so he can get you a welcoming gift.” I nodded my head. “My name is James Johnson, but you can call me JJ.” He told me. “Hi. My name is Adrian Gray.” I told him as I stuck out my hand. This was what I was trained to do when my family introduced them me to their friends. He laughed at my gesture and gave me a hug instead. I went stiff, but I did hug him back. He pulled away and asked “Do you mind if I call you Andy for short?” I froze and glared at him. He seemed a bit shocked. “Sorr-ry, but pll-ple-please don’t ca-ca-call me that.” I stuttered. Andy was my birthname. It was what my family said in every insult. It hurts so much. “I’m sorry. Here come sit Adrian.” JJ said as he started to lead us to a booth near the back of the diner. “Here’s your menus and I’ll be back in a moment.” I nodded my head and took the menu from him. “Thank you.” He left and I started to flip through the menu until I felt someone staring at me.