Heart to Hand

This was it; today was the day the trollhunters were going to rescue Blinky. The team was currently scoping out an entrance. Since it was night, there were two huge soldiers outside, standing silently, large swords held at their sides. If it was possible, Jim wanted to avoid hurting any soldiers, because many of them could be their friends, mind controlled by Gunmar. They all had nightmares about being unable to save everyone, but hope still lingered that their lost friends could still be saved.

Aargh distracted the guards by pretending that he wanted to join Gunmar's army while his friends snuck around them and into the tunnel mouth. On Toby's signal, Aargh slammed the guard's heads together and tied them up, then dragged them into some nearby bushes. They would be fine when they woke up, just out of the way. The trollhunter team crept through the tunnel, getting deeper and deeper into the ground. The tunnel eventually opened into blocks of cells, where trolls and changelings alike were kept. The group had to hide again as guards passed, then continued down the rows. Whispers started and grew louder as the prisoners saw Jim; they reached out to touch him, pleading to be freed, to be told that he was here to help them.

Jim stopped in front of a cell holding a small orange troll and a larger purple troll. They looked at him with wide eyes. "Do you know where Blinky is being held?' The two trolls shrunk back, looking nervous, but the smaller one said, "The leader of the free trolls? We have heard rumors, but I'm not sure. His cell is farther down, in the end corner-" He paused to point, then added, "I have to warn you, he's not in good shape. He was put in an entertainment melee yesterday, and I think he has another today. Most prisoners are too weak to last more than two."

Jim thanked the troll, but he had no way of freeing him; the lock on the cell door would take too much time. Jim turned to address the entire cell black. "I am sorry, but I can't rescue you right now- I am here to rescue the leader of the free trolls, Blinkous Galadrigal. But I can promise you this; I will come back for all of you. No matter what it takes, or how much I have to risk, you will all be free!" Cheers followed the trollhunters as they resumed their search down the hallway.

*Blinky pov*

Dictatious had been pleased with his little brother's fight. The general had been impressed with 'the weakling' and demanded another fight today. Dictatious had joyfully aquised; he had just the fighting partner in mind for Blinky.

Blinky was once again pulled from his cell, only having time for a rushed goodbye to Kyota. This time the guards grabbed her too, and Blinky felt a sense of dread as she was dragged out of his sight. He wondered if she was going to be beaten again, or if she was going into a melee- he knew she was unlikely to survive a third. He tried to shrug off his worry and focus on whatever was waiting for him tonight.