Chapter 10- Goodbyes

Days and Weeks have passed, It seems like Joseph learned to distance away from Ashley and his child Fina. They haven’t seen him for a long time that makes Fina sad. Ashley tried to explain everything to her but she doesn’t listen to her. So Ashley decided to meet Joseph a week before their wedding. She contacted Joseph and asks him to meet Fina at the park and he agrees to it.

Fina, fiding Joseph everywhere, finally smiled seeing him waving at her. She let go of Ashley’s hand and run towards Joseph. He carries her and sways her through the wind and Ashley is just smiling at the corner, watching them like a family.

“How are you my princess?” Joseph smiled.

“I’m sad…”

“Why? Is your prince not enough for you to be happy?”

“Because, this is the last time I’ll be seeing you.”

“Why?”

“You’re getting married and Fina can’t come closer to you because of your witch bride.”

Joseph chuckles. “Is that so? Then let me tell you a secret.” He whispered to Fina’s left ear, “Your prince is not in love with that witch.”

“Is that true?” Fina’s eyes turn to a big one.

Joseph nods. “Yes.”

Fina asked, “Then who do you love?” she added, “My Ashley?”

Joseph stopped smiling and glared at Ashley sitting on the grass waiting for Fina. Fina saw it and teased Joseph.

“So… you love my servant then?” Fina laughed.

“You’re a bad kid.” Joseph giggled.

After their conversation, Fina and Joseph run towards Ashley and Joseph gave her an ice cream.

“What’s this for?” Ashley asked.

“It’s for letting me meet Fina for the last time.”

“So… you consider it as a last… Thank you.” Ashley said sadly and gets her ice cream.

“Let’s go horse! The princess is ordering you to send her home!” Fina shouted.

“Hey! I’m starting to hate everything that comes to your bad mouth. I’ll give you a horse kick later, you’ll see!” Ashley laughed, and so Joseph.

“Be a good girl okay?” Joseph rubs Fina’s hair.

“I love you dad!”

Joseph’s smile turns to a shock.

“I mean… prince!” Fina said while her bangs is covering her eyes.

Ashley carried Fina to her back and started to walk. “Did you have fun?”

Fina just nods.

“I’m glad to hear you calling her dad. But why still you didn’t call me mom? I already found your dad.”

“I don’t like you.”

“You… brat!” Ashley shouted.

Fina giggled.

“Fina, you’re too young for these matters so don’t think of these from now on okay? Joseph is your prince, Louie is my king and he, is your dad.”

“Yeah…” Fina fall asleep.

            Without them noticing, Joseph is following them and heard their conversation. Joseph’s tears burst out and his sight was all blurred and he stopped his car. He puts his head on the steering wheel and cried hardly.