Loving Their Dad

*This isn't a long chapter and sorry for that. I just have been super busy with kids, reunions, birthdays, and the school year coming to an end. So here is chapter 6. Hope you like it.

Angels POV

Dinner went ok which is good I guess. Nothing interesting happened at all. Mother made a traditional greek meal. Finally it was time to put the kids to bed.

"Kids it's time for bed," I said. "Tell everyone goodnight."

They went around the table and gave everyone hugs.

"Daddy," London said, "can Papa come too. So he can read to us. "

"If he wants," I said.

"I would love too," he said standing from the table. "We will be back in a bit."

After getting the twins into their pajamas and tucked in I headed back downstairs. I could hear arguing. As I got closer I could hear what was being said.

"We told Lorenzo that he needs to file for custody," his mom said. "He has an appointment Monday with our family lawyers. They believe that he should be able to have joint custody if not sole custody."

"Angel legally adopted those kids," my mother said. "He has been raising them since he was 15. He hasn't been able to be a normal teenager since they were born. Those kids are his life. If they get taken away it would kill him."

"But they aren't his children," his mother said again.

I couldn't listen anymore. Thinking about what she said I walked back to the twins' room. Lorenzo wasn't there when I went in. I stood between the beds and looked down at my children. I don't care what anyone says. These are my kids. I won't lose them.

"Angel," I heard Lorenzo say, "what's wrong. Why are you crying?"

"Sorry," I told him wiping my face, "I didn't know I was."

"What happened," he asked coming up behind me.

"Your mom," I said. "She said that you are trying to take them from me. That you have an appointment Monday with a lawyer. And plan on filing for custody. Full custody. I can't lose them. It would kill me. Don't take them. Please."

"Angel," he said turning me around. "I have no plans to take them. Yes my mother has mentioned it. I have told her it isn't happening. I want us to raise them together. I don't want to loose you. Come on. I think I need to speak with everyone."

Hand in hand we walked back to where everyone was still arguing. I saw Lorenzo shaking his head at their behavior.

"Mother," he said walking into the room.

"Why would you say that I am trying to take the kids from Angel. He is their father. He has raised them. He has been there for every memory. Yes it upsets me that I just learned about them. And yes I want to be there from now on. But I am here and I won't do anything to jeopardize that. I have feelings for Angel and I am hoping he will always be by my side. But even if he doesn't want me in the future those children aren't going anywhere."

"Son, just think about it. Go see the lawyer. See what he can do so that way you have at least some rights to them," his father said.

"He has joint custody," I told them. I was going to wait till after talking to Lorenzo to tell anyone else. Guess my plans are ruined. "I was going to give him the papers later and there are still a couple of things that need signed, but he has all the rights as me."

"When did you do that," Lorenzo asked.

"Just a couple of days ago," I said. "I wanted you to know I trust you. That's why it about broke my heart to hear your mother say you was going to take them. I also plan on moving out. I have been looking for a place to rent till I graduate. Then I will find a place close to the school I go to."

"Angel you don't have to go anywhere," my father said.

"I need to make sure that I can do this before college," I said.

"Move in with me," Lorenzo said.

"What," I asked turning around to face him stunned.

"When you go to school I will be moving to," he said. "And I have plenty of room. Move in with me. I know we haven't been together long but I want you and the kids close."

"Are you sure," I asked. "What if."

"There are always going to be what ifs," he said. "I think we will make it. So what do you say? Will you and our children come live with me?"

"If you sure," I said, "yeah we will."

He pulled me into a hug. Shortly after his family left and we went to bed. Seems like we are moving. I just hope everything stays OK.