2 | THOUSAND YEARS LATER

CHAPTER TWO : thousand years later

In the city of New Orleans, Freya Mikaelson has just witnessed a horrific prophecy. Part of her wished she never saw any of it.

"It's true. You have a terrible shadow over you. Rebekah, too. If this prophecy is fulfilled, you will all fall..." The eldest Mikaelson informed he two brother's grimply. She looks up at her brothers, clearly not wanting to share the next piece of information she gleaned from the visions.

After a brief silence, she said, "...One by friend, one by foe, and one... by family." Elijah and Klaus both exchange worried looks and Freya's mind swirled as she thought about the woman she saw. She didn't look anything like the Mikaelson siblings, so who is she?

"There is something else." The witch quipped, deciding to tell her brother's. Maybe they know something. "In my vision, I saw a woman. But she's not the threat, she's being threatened. Just like us. And now I can't help but wonder, who is she? And why is she being threatened?"

Elijah froze, blood running cold at his sister's words. There is only one other Original that no one knows anything about. A woman he hasnt seen in a thousand years, a woman that he still loves. A woman he doesn't want to die. By some miracle, Elijah found his voice, "What does this woman look like?"

Klaus caught his tone and with widened eyes, he looked at his brother. "You can't possibly think-"

"Niklaus, she is the only other Original there is. Who else would be hunted? So, yes, I do think she's the woman Freya saw." With furrowed brows, Freya looked between her two younger brother's. She was about to ask about this woman but someone beat her to it.

"Who are you talking about?" Hayley asked, entering the room with Hope hoisted up on her hip. Elijah knows that the woman has some form of feelings for his, and maybe if he didn't still love his wife, they could have been something more.

"My wife." The words slipped out of his mouth before he could stop them. The looks on Hayley and Freya's faces would have been comical if the moment wasn't so serious.

Then Hayley laughed, "I'm sorry, it sounded like you just said, your wife."

"Hayley, I can assure you, this is no laughing matter. I did say my wife. And if she is in danger, then I need to find a way to contact her." With those words, Elijah walked out of room. He needs to find a way to warn his wife that her life is in danger. Just because she started hating him, doesn't mean he stopping loving her.

***

Emerita Mikaelson sauntered through the French Quarter of New Orleans. She had recieved news from someone who hasn't tried to contact her in over a thousand years. Niklaus Mikaelson. He informed her of a life threatening prophecy that endangered not only the Mikaelson siblings lives, but her own. So, she packed up and booked the first flight out of Italy and to New Orleans. The compound wasn't hard to find, it was the building with the most power radiating of it. Power that only Originals, such as herself, has. Now, Kol and Finn are dead and she knew Klaus was here - he contacted her after all. That leaves two options. Rebekah and Elijah. Her heart gave a painful tug at the remembrance of the man who is technically still her husband. She hoped to God it was the former of the two.

With a prayer to who ever is listening, she put on her big girl panties and entered the Compound. She listened in. "What is it that you want, Lucien?" The female Original sped up to where she heard the voice coming.