4 | SOMEONE FIERCE

CHAPTER FOUR : someone fierce

Emerita was a lot of things, but a coward was not own of them. Still, she couldn't help but feel like one as she stood frozen, her back turned to her husband. She could feel his presence, his warmth behind her, calling to her like a sirens call. She resisted as long as she could, then she slowly turned around to face him.

"Emerita." He uttered her name with so much emotion that she nearly pulled him close and kissed him.

"Elijah." She called back, heart speeding up as he stepped closer and closer to her. He stopped when a foot seperated them.

"I missed you." Elijah's voice was incredibly soft, vulnerable and open as his eyes showed everything he felt. His regret, his pain, his longing, his love. The pull between them was magnetic, neither of them able to resist the other. He brought up a hand to her face, but before he could touch her, Emerita's hand shot up and stopped him, his wrist securely in her grip.

Emerita dropped his hand and took two large steps away from him, inhaled deeply, trying to regain her bearings. "We should go and find this Marcel person, like Nik asked."

Elijah nodded, taking a second to compose himself as well. All of his painstakingly taught self-control vanished completely when near this woman. And he craved her, her presence, her touch, her kiss, her smell, her smile, her love, her soul.

Elijah swallowed down the rising feelings, before he was to far gone to get control over himself. "Follow me."
The male Original sped away, his wife following closely behind. Elijah and Emerita arrives at Marcel's loft to find all of his vampires sprawled on the floor. He walks over to Josh, who is laying flat on his back on the floor, his face covered in his own blood from a beatdown, and gives him an amused, albeit patronizing, look.

"Looks like they all got their arses handed to them." Emerita commented matter-of-factly as she walked around the apartment, seeing that while all heavily injured or had their necks snapped, none of them were permanently killed. Interesting.

"Joshua. Would you kindly enlighten me as to what happened here?" Elijah asked the young vampire he walked to. He pulls out his pocket square and drops it on Josh's chest so he can clean himself up. Josh groans in pain and sits up, rubbing his right shoulder as he does so.

Josh groans in pain once more. "Ohhh... God, this woman..."

"It's always a woman when it comes to men, isn't it?" Emerita sighed in faux resignation.

"Not for me, I bat for the other team." Josh informs the beautiful woman - he may be gay, but he can still see when a woman is pleasing to the eye. He's just not attracted to them. And while he also may not have any idea who she is, he does knows she came with an Original, which already makes her a dangerous person in his eyes. Original's aren't the type to make friends with nice people.

Emerita smirked, finding the younger vampire, who was clearly wary but still had a backbone, interesting and amusing. "Good for you, dodging that bullet."

Elijah walks around the room and takes in the sight of the other vampires, much like his wife did earlier, many of whom are still unconscious from having their necks snapped. The furniture in the room has also been trashed as well, likely due to vampires being thrown into it during the fight. He ends up next to Emerita. They exchanged a glance, both thinking the same thing.