The Warehouse

2:3

We finally arrived at the warehouse after a very long time, the sun was already touching the horizon.

"That trip always kills me." Christian remarked. I still didn't understand why they always talked and said dramatic and untrue things so much, I preferred to stay quiet. The warehouse was a big one-story house. The outside was a greyish light blue, with large white windows on the front facing the sunrise. The warehouse was built on the edge of a forest. The grass was trimmed around the warehouse so it no longer was up to my waist. But even stranger, there were multicolored circles all over the ground near the house and covering the floor of the forest. Out of curiosity, I picked one up.

"Flowers." Josh stated, anticipating my question. They were beautiful, and smelled good. It was the smell I couldn't place that smelled kind of like fruit. All of a sudden a little bug landed on the flower, then me. I thought it was creepy. It had little yellow and black stripes, a ton of eyes, six legs, and a pointed behind. Suddenly, Josh screamed at the top of his lungs, pointing at the little bug on my arm and backing away quickly. Right into a tree.

I laughed, "What harm is this little thing going to do to you?" Everyone else was looking cautiously at the flowers around their feet, looking for more of them. I frowned.

And suddenly, the creepy little thing was off if the flower.It felt like it had bit, pinched, and poured acid (not that I would know what that feels like) onto one spot on my arm all at once. I flailed my arms and ran a few feet with my arm throbbing. There was a sudden buzz in my left ear and I lost it. I screamed and ran up a tree. Literally. I was on the lowest branch hiding from the little deathly bug. I realized I was being ridiculous and laughed, then dropped out of the tree. My arm had started to swell up, and I didn't know what to do.

"Let me just pull the stinger out." Josh offered timidly, so I held my arm out to him. He must've done that a lot because he was able to find the stinger and pull it out quickly in about two seconds, even though that hurt more than the sting and I slapped him.

The swelling started to go down after a little, and I thanked Josh.

"We need to go into the warehouse, make sure you're not dying, etcetera." Dymond told me, then walked into the house, and I followed, scared and puzzled.

The warehouse was more of a house than I had ever been in, but it was decorated strangely. It had a light blue painted on the walls, and there were lots of windows and a few skylights that provided the house with lots of natural lighting. The house was floored with a dark, polished, spotless wood and in some areas, floored with a polished quartz tile. On the left of the room there was a big, black screen hung on the wall above a fireplace. A small leather couch and two black leather chairs faced the screen, each holding a pillow or two and a blanket. On the right was a metal half wall with five wood stools and on the other side of it was the kitchen. On the far end of the room was a rectangular, wood dining table with benches on the two long sides of it, and to the left of it was stairs leading up. To the left of the table was a hallway branching off of the main room.

Scattered across the room was pictures of Dymond, Josh, Justin, and Christian all doing different silly things or simply standing and smiling in the frame. I wondered how they got those and if I would get a picture of myself sometime. It would be cool, being able to see myself in two places at once.

"I'm just going to check your temperature and make sure nothing is wrong with you." She explained, and I was relieved. I had thought right at first she implied that I was dying, but then again, they all were overly sarcastic and dramatic. "Some of the..." I had stopped listening. Out of the corner of my eye I had seen something dart out from under the black leather couch. I couldn't tell Dymond, she'd think I was superstitious, or crazy. Then I saw it. It was small and furry, had a sunken in face with yellow eyes and was making a strange noise. Then it ran off and disappeared. All of a sudden it was up against my legs, making a weird vibrating noise. I screamed and jumped on top of the couch, and Dymond paused her long explanation of correct body temperature.

"So, you're not scared of a bee that could sting you, but you're afraid of a tame house cat?" She picked up the animal and scratched it under it's chin and it vibrated louder.

"I don't think it likes that." I remarked.

"Why?"

"Because it's vibrating even more."

"It's purring. When a cat does that, it means they like something. But don't confuse it with growling, or hissing, both of those noises means Butter hates what you're doing. But, Butter is friendly and she won't claw you."

Dymond held the cat, Butter, out to me. "Go on, you can hold her." She encouraged. I gingerly took the cat, but it was heavier than I expected and I almost dropped her. She started purring again and I found it cute and relaxing, so I stroked her head as Dymond explained more about good health. I had to be checked on a couple of things, mostly involving my body, but one had to do with my eyes, and I would also get a 'spa treatment' later, whatever that was. There was technically only one story to the warehouse, but there was also the attic, with three rooms in it, and Dymond took me up there.