Frozen

3:2

Soon, Dymond pulled up with her bike and parked it, away from ours so she didn't think that she was the last one. She walked up to the tree, then started to climb the base of the tree next to it. Justin's and mine. I started to climb down, thinking of an idea. Dymond spotted me before she got her feet off of the ground, and luckily, she didn't see Justin. I jumped off of the tree and grimaced at the shock in my left foot.

"So, Dymond. We beat the boys here, and we need to come up with a plan." I whispered.

"Oh, we beat them here?"

"Yea." I didn't even feel guilty lying, because I was sure it would be fun. I edged Dymond into the middle of the two trees and gave the thumbs up behind my back for Josh, Justin, and Christian and covered it up by scratching. They started slowly edging down the trees out of sight.

"I thought, with your strength, you could take down each of them individually, and I could steal their bikes." I explained, and I got an even better idea involving Dymond's dirt bike.

"That sounds good," Dymond agreed, "But, shouldn't we climb a tree?" I glanced at the tree to the right of me with Justin in it. He was on the bottom limb of the tree, ready to spring, and Josh and Christian were likewise on their tree. Dymond looked where I glanced at the tree, but only had a second to look surprised before they tackled her and held her down. I ran for the little tree and grabbed the shirt, then ran to Dymond's dirt bike. I was about to mount it, but realized mine was close by. I hid mine further in the bushes, then took off on Dymond's. If she didn't want the shirt all that badly, she would want her bike.

I looked behind me as I sped away. The boys were running to their bikes, with Dymond on their tail, laughing and screaming at them. They got onto their bikes and sped away, with Dymond looking for hers, then realizing I was riding it with her shirt. She started looking around for mine, but I had hidden it well. I slowed down a little for the boys to catch up with me.

"That was smart! Taking Dymond's bike, I mean." Josh complimented.

"Yea, I figured if she didn't go for the shirt, she would go for the bike. So, what should we do? Go back to the house?" I asked.

"No, she'd catch us too easily, we should keep on circling around the non-rock area." Justin explained, "More fun if she has to find us and try to get the stuff."

We kept an easy thirty miles an hour traveling straight until an unlucky member of the group came across a rock, then changed direction. At one point I came across the rock, and slammed on the front brakes to stop quicker, but my back end went airborne and I nearly flipped over the handles. Justin wasn't so lucky, as he ran into the rock and crashed onto his side. No harm was done except getting the wind knocked out of him, that, and his white sweatshirt got a grass stain. I was the first to suggest going in a curve instead of a straight path, to avoid more rocks.

"You're just full of good ideas today." Christian pointed out, "And Justin seems to be crashing the most today." We had been sharing our own accounts of the races during the ride, so Christian knew about Justin falling out of the tree because of me. It had only been twenty minutes since we lost Dymond, but Christian was already worried about her.

"What if she couldn't find Vi's bike, or ran into some rocks like us, but got hurt?"

"I'm sure she's fine." I assured him, and all of a sudden I was laying on the ground.

"Oh, my goodness, I'm so sorry, Vi!" Dymond exclaimed with her hand over her mouth.

"It's fine." I grunted, sitting up from my laying position. The bike was laying on my leg, so I shoved it off. The boys had stopped their bikes to see what had happened. Dymond's (my) bike had crashed through the grass out of nowhere and ran into my (Dymond's) bike, making me crash. I sat there and assessed my injuries. None seemed that bad, I must've sprained my ankle when the bike landed on it, and my arm took the worst of the impact, so it was just cut up a little from the rough ground and grass. By then, my braid was a hot mess and filled with grass and dirt, and my clothes were covered the same way with my shoes changed from navy blue and white to blue and black. I never felt better. I decided this was the life I had always wanted, taking risks and seeing where they took me. Then I remembered the people back in the city who would never get the chance to do all of this and see the outside world, and it was all because of the headquarters.