A New Leaf?

i awoke panting.

heavy, shallow breathes were what i required at the moment.

i was expecting white florescent lights to blind me, but instead i was greeted by a plain white ceiling, with a fan spinning.

i'm still at niall's house, which is strange since usually he would have of taken me to the hospital. or due to the craziness happening lately, an asylum.

but no. i'm still at his flat. as i was about to get up from the bed, niall walked in, "hey.", he smiled warmly, "how are you feeling?"

"been better.", i answered truthfully and he chuckled. a comforting silence fell on us, but sadly his smile vanished, "i'm sorry." soon he started sobbing, "i'm so fucking sorry. it's all my fault. i shouldn't of have taken you to the club - i shouldn't of had forced you. i'm so s-sorry liam."

at that moment i don't know where this sudden burst of energy came from, but i comforted niall. i found it ironically amusing how i'm the messed up one, but i'm the one consoling him.

"it's ok. we all make mistakes, it's a part of human nature. but also just as we could easily commit the mistake, we can fix it just as fast. we might trip, but we will just have to get back up and brush ourselves off. and even though, a mistake might seem unfixable... that doesn't necessarily mean that it is. sometimes all you might need is a little help." and almost at lighting speed, realization hit me.

i'm right. i made a mistake, and i tried to fix it on my own, even though i failed at it - i tried. but now that i've seen that i can't on my own... maybe i do need help.

but now the fearful question rises above the rest.

'will i really get better?'