Chapter 1

"Why is it always last minute with you?" Denzel asked me as he looked around the dress shop as I was looking at my final two dress options. I ignored Dez's comment and kept going back and forth between the two dresses.

"Which dress do you like better?" I asked Denzel holding up the two dresses giving up on trying to figure it out by myself. One was a white mermaid dress that has red lace all over it. The other one was a blue ball gown with silver sparkles on the bodice and some trailing down the whole dress.

 The other one was a blue ball gown with silver sparkles on the bodice and some trailing down the whole dress

 "The red and white one

"The red and white one." He said taking it from me. I put the other one on the rack and we took the dress to the cashier and bought it. We walked out of the shop and to Denzel's car. He put my dress in the back seat. We got in and drove to the tux shop and picked up his suit.

"My house." I told him and he took us there. 

*2 WEEKS LATER*

*PROM*

It was nearing the end of the night, only our classmates remained. I was jumping around with my friends when I heard the beginning of a song and went to find Denzel. I found him with his group of friends and pulled him away. I wrapped my arms around Denzel's neck as our song played. He placed his hands on the small of my back. We swayed back and forth. He sang along softly. 

"I love you." He said near the end of the song. 

"I love you too. I also need to tell you something." I told him. The song ended and he spun me and we went and sat down at our seats. I took a deep breath. 

"I won." I told him holding my breath. 

"What?!" He asked excitedly. 

"I won the competition! I'm the newest assistant and understudy of 5 Seconds Of Summer!" I said. He kissed me and then placed his forehead against mine. 

"I love you so much!" He said. 

"I love you even more, but that's not it. There's bad news also." I said. 

"What is it?" He asked me. 

"Management isn't letting me bring anyone along." I said kind of quiet looking into his eyes to see shock. 

"But don't worry! We can make it work and I can pay for you to follow us around the world!" I said, tears in my eyes. 

"Let's not worry about this right now. We can talk about it later." He said then kissed me gently. 

"This is the final song of the night!" The DJ said. I realized that 15 minutes had passed since we began talking. He offered me his hand and I took it.  We all danced around each other until the song ended. We made arrangements to meet up at Dez's house in 30 minutes as we walked out to the parking lot. A clean up crew would be coming in the next day to take down the decorations. I got into Denzel's car and we drove to his house, singing to the . I put on some pajamas that I had left there and we partied with our class until the sun came up.

*THE NEXT MORNING*

The smell of pancakes and bacon filled the air. I felt the bed beside me to find that it was empty. The house was empty besides me and Denzel. His parents and little sister were picking up his grandparents that were flying in for our graduation in a week. I got out of bed and followed the smell to the kitchen. He was only in pajama pants and was facing away from me. I went up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. 

"Hey baby girl. Did you sleep well?" He asked. He turned around and put his hands on my waist. He kissed me and then put his forehead against mine. 

"Very well." I told him. I grabbed the spatula and flipped the bacon that he had cooking in a pan. He flipped the last of the pancakes onto a plate and then set the table while I finished cooking the bacon. He came and grabbed the plate from me and kissed me again before setting it down on the table. 

"I was doing that!" I protested but he just ignored me. We sat down next to each other and ate in a comfortable silence. When we finished, we cleaned everything up and put the dishes in the dishwasher and started it. 

"We need to talk." I said grabbing his hand. 

"We can talk after our shower together." He said. 

"What are you getting at?" I asked him. He grabbed my hand and practically dragged me upstairs. 

"Dez!"

*1 HOUR LATER*

I was finishing my makeup when I felt Denzel's hands land on my hips. 

"I'm almost done baby. You just need to wait." I said. He started to kiss my neck. I put my mascara away and then turned around. 

"I'm done now what do you want?" I asked him. His eyes lost a little bit of the light that they held. That light never really returned. 

"We need to talk about last night." He said. It dawned on me then that I wasn't some small town nobody. I was actually somebody important to the world.

*1 WEEK LATER*

"The class of 2020!!" Cheers erupted as we through our caps into the air. Denzel lifted me off of my feet and twirled me in the air. We all composed ourselves and walked to the area designated for us to thank everyone for coming. I was next to Denzel and we kissed. 

"Get a room!" I heard my birthday sister's boyfriend yell at us. We broke apart. 

"You're one to talk Baxter." Denzel said to him as he bro-hugged the older man. The line up went Josiah, Indigo, Denzel, me, Cosmo, Briar, Flint, Ramona, Mason, Sylvia, Torin, Iris, Andre, Charity, and finally James. If management lets me bring people on tour, most of us would go. Josiah, James, and Mason aren't coming with us. Everest, Otis, and Niles would go with us even though they aren't in our class.

"You're back! It's good to see you again!" I said to Baxter when he gave me a hug. 

"I wouldn't miss this for the world, plus I'm here to stay. At least until your management stops being stubborn and gives in." He said. We laughed and then he went to Indigo. We greeted and thanked people for the next 30 minutes at least. When we had finally finished, our group was talking while the teachers were setting up something for us. 

"Are we all up for that group date tomorrow?" Indigo asked. 

"Of course!" We all replied. 

"Ok so we have to leave at like 9am if we want to get there before it gets too hot." I said. The place that we were going had mini golf, go karts, a bowling alley, laser tag, and an arcade.

The next day we all met up and enjoyed one of the last times that we would be able to do something like that for awhile.