Chapter 15

The night is silent; it’s so quiet that I can hear the candle’s flame flickering. Once again, I find it hard to sleep. Images of Mystic’s last hours run through my mind nonstop. Every once in a while I will hear a groan. Every noise that this old apartment makes me think that someone is coming up the stairs to slash my throat. I wish I had made up with Razor, so he’d be up here with me.

                An hour or so passes, and I’m still wide awake. I wonder if Razor is awake. Maybe he couldn’t sleep without me either. If he’s awake, I can find him and make up. But if he’s asleep, I will just cuddle with him and try to sleep. I peek into Blade’s little brother’s room first. I only see Blade tucked under the Toy Story blanket. I sigh in relief that he didn’t leave.

                I tiptoe down the hall and peek into the next room. A mess of black hair is poking out from under a red blanket. I sit on the end of the bed and place my hand on his leg. Of course he’s able to sleep without me. Absentmindedly, I rub his leg as I continue to watch him sleep. Something groans in the window behind me, and I jump off the bed. I realize it was only the wind, making the window groan. I take a deep breath to calm myself and turn towards the door before I can wake Razor up. I hear him shuffle behind me.

                I’m almost out the door when I hear him groggily say, “Please, don’t leave.”

                My feet are frozen in place, but I say, “Okay.”

                “Come over here,” he pauses, “please.”

                I start to walk over to him slowly, but the house groans and makes me run to the bed out of fear. Did I mention that I hate old houses? Razor laughs as he scoots over, making room for me to lie next to him. My arm brushes his bare stomach as I snuggle into the warm blankets.

                “Where’s your shirt?” I whisper as my face starts to heat up.

                “Oh…it was covered in blood…” he tries to say calmly. “Scorch said he’d clean it off for me.” He moves a little bit away from me. “I will sleep on the couch if I’m making you uncomfortable.”

                “No,” I say hugging his body to me. “I just want to be near you.”

                Razor settles back down nice and close to me, while decorating my forehead with many slow kisses. I want to tell him that I’m sorry that I kissed Blade, but I don’t feel like I can admit to the crime twice. Razor’s kisses start to go down my cheek as he takes his time making the way to my lips. As he gets closer, I can feel myself ready to shout an apology, but I only whisper it.

                “I’m sorry, Razor.”

                “Don’t…worry…about…it…” he says between kisses.

                For a moment, I think I hear someone in the hallway, but I forget about it because his lips find mine, and I’m overwhelmed by his passion for me. I feel his hand slide around my waist, and the other slip under me, so he has me in a soft hug. I let my hands remain on his warm chest as I kiss him back with the same passion. After what seems like forever, Razor pulls away reminding me that I can’t have him forever. He moves my bangs from my face, and kisses me one more time.

                “I love you,” he says.

                My hands can feel his heart racing. I finally have the courage to say it back, “I love you too.”